The legendary RTVF professor has passed away. Anyone who went through that program either took one of his classes, benefitted from his knowledge or knew who he was. He was definitely someone that made going to class a joy. Despite being 50+ years older than his students, he always seemed very youthful and was willing to try to do things 'the new way' to not fall behind on the times. This is to say nothing of his external journalism career, bookwriting and professional organizations.

What an all-around great person who will be missed. RIP Bud!

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/205453/bud-buschardt-texas-radio-hall-of-famer-passes-awa

• Lovely Take 3

100% agree with you two. I first met Bud in 1986 and was lucky enough to work with him over many years. He was very pro-student, an encourager, and a great mentor. His radio and TV knowledge was vast. But, it was his musicology that was impressive - and his recored collection. RIP my old friend.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491097962298362

• Upvote 3

I heard about this from a friend this morning.  Very sad.

I had Bud for a TV production class in the mid 80s and stayed in touch with him for decades.  About 10 years ago I asked him if could give me a copy of a show he did about Buddy Holly on WFAA in the 70s.  I got it in the mail within a week.

That's the kind of person he was -- extremely nice and helpful.  He cared about his students and they cared about him.  He'll be missed.

• Upvote 3