Playing Purdue

emmitt01

6 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

Don't wanna get too far ahead, but if UNT could pull off the miracle against Purdue they'd have a very winnable round 2 matchup against Nova missing their PG or 12-seed Winthrop.

I would have loved to have swapped places with Winthrop! 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, CMJ said:

They're making fun of you.

Well... I would stand by resting starters early in tournament games when you are up or having a rotating sub in. Many other coaches would do the same thing. Mac took a chance and it paid off big. We are all thankful for that. Coaches are allowed to have differing views on game plan and end game situations. It doesn’t mean we all don’t have respect for each other. 10 different coaches and they all would do something a little different. That’s fine. 🙂

• Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Bad draw being this will be close to a home game for them, like NT had a site advanage in 
CUSA tournament.

Best player 6'10 Williams. going to an extreme challenge with 7'4 player also starting.

I don't think their record is all that good but being fourth in the B10 trumps records.   

I hate the NCAA loads up on the power conference schools and basically only allows the champions of lesser leagues.  Created play-in games in lieu of limiting the field and cutting some of these borderline major conference teams. 

Make the conference count for something, if you are not in the upper 25% or league champion, you're out.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

Matt Painter's squad quietly finished top-five in offensive and defensive efficiency in Big Ten play, per KenPom. The Boilermakers also finished fourth -- ahead of Ohio State and Wisconsin -- in the Big Ten standings with a 13-6 record. Few teams in America can match Purdue's frontcourt size with 6-foot-10 Trevion Williams (15.2 PPG, 8.8 RPG) and 7-foot-4 Zach Edey (8.9 PPG, 4.5 RPG) in the paint. It's still unclear if the Boilermakers can hang with the top-tier teams in America -- they lost to Illinois, Michigan and Iowa by 40 points combined -- but their 6-1 finish in the regular season suggests Painter's crew is improving.

ESPN