100%

RiseUNT

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If I thought it was over, I’d have turned the TV off!  Done that plenty of times, a few times this past football season actually. 😂  I believe in the Mean Green!

After you turned the tv off did you keep up with the score? We are UNT fans just because the game is over doesn’t me we stop caring!

That’s why this game means so much to all of us!

8 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Football lies. Who is this Benford you speak of? Did he play here?

I wish I could forget that era.  I am still haunted by us playing SFA at the pit with hardly anyone there and you could hear the ball being dribbled up and down the court and the cheers you heard were from SFA bench.  We got crushed, to me that was the lowest point ever.

However, things have gotten light years better.

100% truth, I never thought we were out of it.  I may have thrown a quick prayer up, but they never delivered the dagger that made me lose hope.

Now I did 💯 % think the big lead we jumped out to would be cut into or erased because it is next to impossible to play that hot for 40 minutes and WKU has a quality squad.  

• Upvote 6

never crossed my mind to turn the tv off... i kept thinking... 'god, we are playing awful in this second, and the only thing we have going for us is that WKU is not in any kind of rhythm.'

then when their guard travelled and turned it over i thought

Happy, the gold jacket's yours, shooter's gonna choke! - Misc - quickmeme

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I thought we were done around the four minute mark.  I didn't quite say as much, but definitely implied it in the game thread.  Basically I thought our only hope was fouling out Bassey because he was dominating the paint on defense and we couldn't hit jump shots for about 12 minutes of game time.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Understatement. I don’t think most people here realize it how stacked their roster was, at least on paper.

What often gets left out when people complain about coaches who have loaded rosters and can’t do great thing with them is that those coaches MADE those loaded rosters.  Stansbury may not be a great coach in the big games but, unlike Benford, he didn’t just inherit a bunch of talent and take a big dump on it.  

• Upvote 2

I did think it was all over,  I received an email moments after that we won from a Baylor fan friend of my mine sending congratulations. She had watched the whole game. Is that not embarrassing?