Western Kentucky (3/13/21)

CMJ

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

Biggest game since March 6, 2012.  Remember the Summit!

Ugh, don't remind me... that one was a heartbreaker, after a run similar to this year's...

also the last game with JJ (we lost and he never coached here again, per the standard statement)

per my recollection, i think we shut down the program for five years after that game...

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Ugh, don't remind me... that one was a heartbreaker, after a run similar to this year's...

also the last game with JJ (we lost and he never coached here again, per the standard statement)

per my recollection, i think we shut down the program for five years after that game...

We want revenge.  You prove the point that if we don't win "Johnny Jones should be fired"!  

This would be a fun thing to auction off.  The opportunity to go to the Administration Building after a FB or BB win and flip the switch and Light The Tower.  You could have a FB winner, a MBB winner a WBB winner, and so on potentially after every game.  Easy fund raiser and it wouldn't cost us a penny.  

Im ready to sign up,.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

This would be a fun thing to auction off.  The opportunity to go to the Administration Building after a FB or BB win and flip the switch and Light The Tower.  You could have a FB winner, a MBB winner a WBB winner, and so on potentially after every game.  Easy fund raiser and it wouldn't cost us a penny.  

Im ready to sign up,.

GO MEAN GREEN

I think it should be a student thing.

Edited by RiseUNT
  • Upvote 1

Hi I'm a Topper fan, just wanted to chime in and talk basketball if that's alright. Game tonight feels like 2 heavyweights bout to slug out a barn burner. Hamlet is a stud and yalls team very long and athletic. Yalls defense is something to behold. Out of all the teams wku played this year yall scare me bout like houston did. I consider unt to be 1 of the toughest test, sorts fitting since our conference games was canceled, now we can throw out the paper work and whos resume looks better. This will be a fight. I'm hoping Bassey does his thing and tays gonna ray. Frampton Anderson need to impact this game to get the w. It's gonna be physical and I think mcniggt will bother Hamlet that's my opinion. Here's to a great game 

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

In another spectrum, said Johnny Jones plays at 5 on espnu for all the marbles too!!!  And little Johnny is a senior guard.

This is going to be a great basketball day!!!!

Wait his son is a senior in college now?!
Where do us old people get our meds nowadays?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ShawnzchevelleWKU said:

Hi I'm a Topper fan, just wanted to chime in and talk basketball if that's alright. Game tonight feels like 2 heavyweights bout to slug out a barn burner. Hamlet is a stud and yalls team very long and athletic. Yalls defense is something to behold. Out of all the teams wku played this year yall scare me bout like houston did. I consider unt to be 1 of the toughest test, sorts fitting since our conference games was canceled, now we can throw out the paper work and whos resume looks better. This will be a fight. I'm hoping Bassey does his thing and tays gonna ray. Frampton Anderson need to impact this game to get the w. It's gonna be physical and I think mcniggt will bother Hamlet that's my opinion. Here's to a great game 

I thought not having the WKU games at Denton was a big advantage to WKU.  Now that both teams are in the finals, it seems appropriate. 

NT has a type of home field advantage, but WKU has a vast playoff experience offset.

The two best teams and two best players in CUSA meet for the championship.  

Expect NT will keep the game low scoring and the game will be decided in last minutes.

May the best team win and do well in the NCAA tournament.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, wardly said:

I don't think there are any "other ones" this year. Win and we are in NCAA, loose and we are done for season.

Hopefully it stays this way. Wish the CBI and CIT would disappear and the NIT simply expand to 64 teams in the future. Maybe it a little more meaningful and allow some focus on only two tournaments.

• Upvote 3