Any Reports From The Scrimmage Today?

MGNation92

Yes I was there, and here are some thoughts.

Aune was with first team with Torrey, Simpson, Thompson, among others. Martin was 2nd team with Adaway, Lyles, Brown, among others. Both QBs looked good at times, not much time to throw when the Murphy twins and the Davis' are rushing.

Speaking of those 4, they all looked fantastic. Grayson especially, was on Aune ass the entire time. Hard hits and great pass rush.

PB was on top of the guys when they had blown coverage or missed tackles, and they all matched his intensity. A lot of great pass deflections, hard hits, etc

Like I said in the tweet, Khatib Lyles is HUGE. Had a really nice catch over the top of what it looks like Logan Wilson. Very physical and was playing a lot more WR. 

Shorter did not really play, he was on the sidelines doing other drills. I guess not ready for full on contact yet, but making big progress and should be another key piece to the WR room.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Grayson and Gabriel look identical, have the same social media usernames lol I would definitely get to know him because they'll both be huge next year

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yes I was there, and here are some thoughts.

Aune was with first team with Torrey, Simpson, Thompson, among others. Martin was 2nd team with Adaway, Lyles, Brown, among others. Both QBs looked good at times, not much time to throw when the Murphy twins and the Davis' are rushing.

Speaking of those 4, they all looked fantastic. Grayson especially, was on Aune ass the entire time. Hard hits and great pass rush.

PB was on top of the guys when they had blown coverage or missed tackles, and they all matched his intensity. A lot of great pass deflections, hard hits, etc

Like I said in the tweet, Khatib Lyles is HUGE. Had a really nice catch over the top of what it looks like Logan Wilson. Very physical and was playing a lot more WR. 

Shorter did not really play, he was on the sidelines doing other drills. I guess not ready for full on contact yet, but making big progress and should be another key piece to the WR room.

On the roster he's listed as a TE. In his HS summary, he's a WR.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/khatib-lyles/5097

Do we have two Shorters on this team?

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, SilverEagle said:

On the roster he's listed as a TE. In his HS summary, he's a WR.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/khatib-lyles/5097

Do we have two Shorters on this team?

Lyles was a wide receiver but as the largest receiver he was moved to tight end possibly because we planned to include tight ends in the offense to a larger extent.  But, the TE room is one of our strongest; especially when Gumms comes aboard.  Even if they use two tight ends (one as a TE and the other as an H Back, we will be very good with Alberding, Lee and Roberts, plus Gumms.  No, there is only one Shorter, Jyaire (number 16 on your program).

• Upvote 1