Norfolk’s season is over

RiseUNT

Are we talking about this?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31047430/north-carolina-pulls-meac-tournament-positive-covid-19-test

Let me know and I'll update the thread title. I don't want anyone accidentally concluding that Robert Jones is a classless coward when it's really Willie Jones that's a pathetic, sackless heap of gutterscum. 

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Or Kansas, did you see how they ducked Texas??

I've already pointed out that Covid cancelations don't mean ducking, but you're obviously too small minded to understand a point I've made multiple times. Kansas is already an automatic qualifier for the NCAA tournament so missing the conference tournament means nothing. 

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I've already pointed out that Covid cancelations don't mean ducking, but you're obviously too small minded to understand a point I've made multiple times. Kansas is already an automatic qualifier for the NCAA tournament so missing the conference tournament means nothing. 

Actually, you're mistaken.  Only conference tournament winners are auto qualifiers.  Everyone else is by definition an at-large selection.  If you can't even get something that basic correct, one can't help but wonder what else you have wrong.

• Haha 1
  • RV 1

19 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Actually, you're mistaken.  Only conference tournament winners are auto qualifiers.  Everyone else is by definition an at-large selection.  If you can't even get something that basic correct, one can't help but wonder what else you have wrong.

So another way of saying KU is getting into the tournament. Got it. You're so right! Let me just repeal everything I said right now. We've deviated so far from the original topic, but yup, this is what invalidates everything that was previously said.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Downvote 2

Hey, this isn't pettifogging, you were plain wrong.  But sure, just deflect.

The point is there is a good chance that a team that makes the Dance is gonna have to forfeit their position at some point.  You insinuated that Duke more or less was was taking advantage of a positive test.  It's obvious that is not the case.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just kidding. But my point is I am not in favor of mid pack p5 teams getting in on SOS when other conferences don’t have that option so much. I believe cusa and others should not be a one bid pony when there are several good teams. I believe if we when today, wku should also make it in as an example