LaTech - CUSA Semis (3/12/2021)

greenminer

10 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

The interesting part i the one during the game when it was all still open. Both fan bases could see their team pissing it away, but NT fans thought it was a real intense and fun to watch game with excellent defense, and Tech fans thought it was a really ugly game with bad offense. If the teams are similar to the fan bases, then it is no surprise NT won this game.

Edited by outoftown

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

The interesting part i the one during the game when it was all still open. Both fan bases could see their team pissing it away, but NT fans thought it was a real intense and fun to watch game with excellent defense, and Tech fans thought it was a really ugly game with bad offense. If the teams are similar to the fan bases, then it is no surprise NT won this game.

I thought we were playing better basketball but just missing shots. They were playing like they were missing their point guard and taking bad shots.

40 minutes ago, outoftown said:

We have played 5 games against them over the past two seasons and the margin in those 5 games combined is 2 points in our favor. These teams are as evenly matched as it gets.

No matter how bad either fan base is perceiving that their team is playing, these are all close games that could go either way because they’re evenly matched, not because one superior team is underachieving that day.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I think that relates to them seeing a team all year long that was potent on offense.  We on the other hand are used to seeing our team be very stringent on D and get just enough offense to win the games we do.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think that relates to them seeing a team all year long that was potent on offense.  We on the other hand are used to seeing our team be very stringent on D and get just enough offense to win the games we do.

I am sure there is something to that. I guess the argument here is to some degree that NT won, because it managed to make the game speed and style be the one it prefers.

But I was also thinking that when you find yourself in a defensive dogfight, whether or not you manage to enjoy that kind of game can make all the difference on unlocking the decisive last 1-2% of effort.

Edited by outoftown

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I searched everywhere for the CBS Sports Network and could find it.  Staying with a relative that has cut the cable cord.  Tried it on my phone and laptop and got nothing.  I noticed the VCU fan watched on Youtube TV.  Will that be an option for tomorrow night?  Following the gamecast on ESPN sucks.

Yep, cbssn and on YouTube.tv 

If you don’t have it I believe they have a 7 day free trial, took me about half hour to set up what with logging on the pc, getting it authorized on my Roku, etc. to watch on the big screen. Easy download app for iPhone, have to think android would be easy too. 
sorry if this has been answered already, just wanted to put it out there as soon as I saw your post:)

• Upvote 1