Middle Tennessee State (3/10/21)

CMJ

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

If Javion plays like this I feel confident we will at least be in it at the end of the game against anyone.

Yes. Pair that with Bell and Reese playing at a high level and we have a legit shot at beating anyone in the tournament. My concern is 4 games in 4 days potentially catching up to them. Those minutes start to pile up.

Either way, fun times at the Star last night. Ready for tonight!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

Yes. Pair that with Bell and Reese playing at a high level and we have a legit shot at beating anyone in the tournament. My concern is 4 games in 4 days potentially catching up to them. Those minutes start to pile up.

Either way, fun times at the Star last night. Ready for tonight!

Definitely. Also, if McBride could step up and just give us a solid 8 points a night and be a respectable three-point threat that would go a long way in helping out Hamlet, Reese, Bell, and Simmons.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Definitely. Also, if McBride could step up and just give us a solid 8 points a night and be a respectable three-point threat that would go a long way in helping out Hamlet, Reese, Bell, and Simmons.

A couple times last night during the 1H, I found myself screaming at Drez with the ball my TV, "Wake up, man! Do something!"

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

You do t want Reese, Zach, Hamlet, and Bell back? 

I would take everyone back but Murray andJamiah.

I am not sure how you can reply to a comment that it doesn't appear you have bothered to read.

This is it again: "This team has players that look like they will never significantly contribute.   Why would you want them to return?  Right now NT only has 4 players that should start.   There are a couple of players that have shown next to nothing."  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I am not sure how you can reply to a comment that it doesn't appear you have bothered to read.

This is it again: "This team has players that look like they will never significantly contribute.   Why would you want them to return?  Right now NT only has 4 players that should start.   There are a couple of players that have shown next to nothing."  

Outside of our big four seniors we have guys that I believe can contribute if given the chance and coached up. All three of our freshman have ability and Jones has the potential to be very special. McBride and Lewis balled out in JUCO. Do we replace them with more top JUCO players and expect better results?

Good coaches win with what they have. Mcasland brought these guys in. He should be able to get them to produce of he plays them. 

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Outside of our big four seniors we have guys that I believe can contribute if given the chance and coached up. All three of our freshman have ability and Jones has the potential to be very special. McBride and Lewis balled out in JUCO. Do we replace them with more top JUCO players and expect better results?

Good coaches win with what they have. Mcasland brought these guys in. He should be able to get them to produce of he plays them. 

Not sure what you mean (bailed out in juco)?  Both had good juco stats and Mc obviously thought they could play.  Mc recruited Bell, Hamlet and Reese in the same year, so yes he can get stand-out jucos. 

Good coaches win and they do so by getting good players.

Jones should have been starting in my opinion.  Jackson must develop at least some offense to ever be more than an end of bench player.   Osmane has potential and I wish he had got to play more. 

Every coach has missed on recruits.  The belief that a good coach can turn a sub-par player into a better player is obviously true.  However, can he turn one into an asset for the team is an entirely different question.  Another question, how much effort to extend on developing player with predicted low ceilings vs just recruiting better players. 

Again, NT would be much better if Mc had better recruiting last year.   

McBride is a starter, but is a liability on the court.  He has shown no offense thus far, and allows teams to focus on the other guards.  He was recruited as a pg, but starts as an off guard.  

With Jones out, NT really is down to four players that should be on the court in prime time.  With potentially 3 games left in the tournament, somebody besides those four is going to have to substantially rise above their usual play. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure what you mean (bailed out in juco)?  Both had good juco stats and Mc obviously thought they could play.  Mc recruited Bell, Hamlet and Reese in the same year, so yes he can get stand-out jucos. 

Good coaches win and they do so by getting good players.

Jones should have been starting in my opinion.  Jackson must develop at least some offense to ever be more than an end of bench player.   Osmane has potential and I wish he had got to play more. 

Every coach has missed on recruits.  The belief that a good coach can turn a sub-par player into a better player is obviously true.  However, can he turn one into an asset for the team is an entirely different question.  Another question, how much effort to extend on developing player with predicted low ceilings vs just recruiting better players. 

Again, NT would be much better if Mc had better recruiting last year.   

McBride is a starter, but is a liability on the court.  He has shown no offense thus far, and allows teams to focus on the other guards.  He was recruited as a pg, but starts as an off guard.  

With Jones out, NT really is down to four players that should be on the court in prime time.  With potentially 3 games left in the tournament, somebody besides those four is going to have to substantially rise above their usual play. 

Balled out (phone... haha). 

we definitely need someone else to step up (McBride and Lewis). Next season if everyone leave those are our leaders/ vets. We need them to get solid court time and contribute. I believe they both can because they have done so in the past. Very disappointed in their contribution this year. Especially from behind the arc.

Wise left.... so I am hoping we don’t lose anyone else. That would be a lot of new guys. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Balled out (phone... haha). 

we definitely need someone else to step up (McBride and Lewis). Next season if everyone leave those are our leaders/ vets. We need them to get solid court time and contribute. I believe they both can because they have done so in the past. Very disappointed in their contribution this year. Especially from behind the arc.

Wise left.... so I am hoping we don’t lose anyone else. That would be a lot of new guys. 

Do you think who we have coming in can help us be better?  That is what I am struggling with right now.

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Do you think who we have coming in can help us be better?  That is what I am struggling with right now.

I haven’t actually payed a lot of attention this past year to recruiting with everything that has been going on. I believe I saw two players Stone and Morgan. Both decently ranked and then I believe someone commented about a transfer who will be a 5th senior walk on. If these are simply relaxing Jamiah and Murray then yes. If we are losing all of our seniors then definitely not. Even with player progression this wouldn’t be enough to replace our core four. To have a big season next year we need them all back. 

• Upvote 1