Fall football seating capacity

Do we know yet if the AD or CUSA is going to allow full seating capacity this season, or is this season going to be subjected to the same 25% capacity and no band? I may wait on my season ticket renewal until an announcement is made.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

8 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Thanks for asking as I am also waiting for that decision.  Also, will it make a difference if you've been vaccinated and/or have had Covid-19 and recovered?

Hey Gray! I've had the dreaded Covid AND been vaccinated. A few weeks ago, the Crimson Tide announced they would be at full capacity for their games this upcoming season and I was wondering if anyone else in the college football world was going to follow their lead. I would have no problem attending our games if we did the same. However, if we are still going to limit attendance there's a good chance I'll not attend many games. I understand the caution, but last season was a real downer for more reasons than one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

Hey Gray! I've had the dreaded Covid AND been vaccinated. A few weeks ago, the Crimson Tide announced they would be at full capacity for their games this upcoming season and I was wondering if anyone else in the college football world was going to follow their lead. I would have no problem attending our games if we did the same. However, if we are still going to limit attendance there's a good chance I'll not attend many games. I understand the caution, but last season was a real downer for more reasons than one.

I feel the same way.  Last year I got moved to lesser quality seats because I bought three tickets, one above the previous years.  This year I've had the vaccine and my daughter and son-in-law have had Covid-19.  They help me as I haven't fully recovered from a hip replacement.  If I'm not allowed to change back then I may only see a couple of games because it's painful to get there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

They're renewing 2019 seats so that would assume 2019 (full) seating capacity

I hope you're right. I'd just like to hear a commitment from the AD.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I hope you're right. I'd just like to hear a commitment from the AD.

The whole pandemic thing is fluid. Hard to get a "commitment." 

I want a commitment to the balance of safety and fandom. I thought the AD did a fantastic job last year, but of course I don't want another year like it, but nor do I want to kill off our valued fans. We don't have many to spare. /s

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

The whole pandemic thing is fluid. Hard to get a "commitment." 

I want a commitment to the balance of safety and fandom. I thought the AD did a fantastic job last year, but of course I don't want another year like it, but nor do I want to kill off our valued fans. We don't have many to spare. /s

• Eye Roll 1

I am happy that a doctor who says "I don't think you can mutate yourself out of t cell immunity" is your answer. Even with snark aside, we need to get immunity first. We are not there. We are getting there... slowly. Maybe. Texas is second from the last. But -- let's ignore the first premise of this being over - which is immunity - and just act like everything is over. Let's start by demanding to know that it will 100% capacity before you support your school. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I am happy that a doctor who says "I don't think you can mutate yourself out of t cell immunity" is your answer. Even with snark aside, we need to get immunity first. We are not there. We are getting there... slowly. Maybe. Texas is second from the last. But -- let's ignore the first premise of this being over - which is immunity - and just act like everything is over. Let's start by demanding to know that it will 100% capacity before you support your school. 

Steamin, I can always count on you for the doom and gloom perspective on life. If your waiting for 100% assurance that it is safe to walk across the street, then you just need to stay home in your cave and watch whatever you watch to "inform" yourself. You are a fool because you think you know everyone and everything. I don't propose ant-anything. I only wish to offer a different perspective to this whole thing that you are scared to death of. So take your holier than thou opinions and stick it way up where the sun doesn't shine and maybe we'll see you at a game one day

Peace out

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 6

19 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

You are a fool ... stick it way up where the sun doesn't shine...

Indeed. Though - I am not afraid or vindictive. I bought all my club seats last season, attended couple of the games solo. I didn't hold my money as ransom for some fear or anger..  Of the 24 possible tickets - I used 2. I didn't rage or complain. I side on the let's just see this through, the science, the numbers. Let's keep going in the right direction. There is nothing foolish there. That's not doom and gloom either. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Steamin, I can always count on you for the doom and gloom perspective on life. If your waiting for 100% assurance that it is safe to walk across the street, then you just need to stay home in your cave and watch whatever you watch to "inform" yourself. You are a fool because you think you know everyone and everything. I don't propose ant-anything. I only wish to offer a different perspective to this whole thing that you are scared to death of. So take your holier than thou opinions and stick it way up where the sun doesn't shine and maybe we'll see you at a game one day

Peace out

do you wanna revisit nearly 365 days of your and others sunshine and rainbows optimism posts...this is the flu, it'll be gone by May, try hydroxychloroquine/bleach?...that have all consistently proven to be wrong instead?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

do you wanna revisit nearly 365 days of your and others sunshine and rainbows optimism posts...this is the flu, it'll be gone by May, try hydroxychloroquine/bleach?...that have all consistently proven to be wrong instead?

You want to explain to me how two good friends that religiously wore masks contracted two of the worst cases of Covid I witnessed?  Both are employees of mine. One got it, as did her husband and first grade daughter yet their high school aged daughter living in the same household didn’t catch it?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You want to explain to me how two good friends that religiously wore masks contracted two of the worst cases of Covid I witnessed?  Both are employees of mine. One got it, as did her husband and first grade daughter yet their high school aged daughter living in the same household didn’t catch it?

sure, doc...I'll take a stab at it...but I'm surprised with your medical school training you're having to ask me. 

1. human error. even your most "religious" of folks have their slip ups...snake and the apple, and all that
2. one may well have contracted it from their husband or first grade daughter
3. most importantly...not a single expert has said "masks kill covid". they're not 100% solutions, but a major part of a broader strategy aimed at slowing the spread...masks/distancing/hand-washing/outdoor activities/airflow, etc...there is risk involved every time a person opts to leave their house and interact with society. the only 100% effective strategy is pure isolation. 

as for the high school daughter...got me. there are plenty of cases of 1/2,2/3s,3/4s of a house-hold contracting covid while some go un-infected...hell, very early into the pandemic some of the quarantined cruise ships had cases of couples sharing cabins for 10-14 days where only one person tested positive. I'm sure in due time there will be studies conducted as to why...I'd say right now those scientific brains are better put to use on vaccines and slowing transmission, of course. 

I hope that satisfactorily answers your anecdotal question. of course if your point was that these 2 people wore masks and still got covid so the masks were the problem...phew...I mean, keep on only drawing conclusions that fit into your own pre-conceived narrative. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

sure, doc...I'll take a stab at it...but I'm surprised with your medical school training you're having to ask me. 

1. human error. even your most "religious" of folks have their slip ups...snake and the apple, and all that
3. most importantly...not a single expert has said "masks kill covid". they're not 100% solutions, but a major part of a broader strategy aimed at slowing the spread...masks/distancing/hand-washing/outdoor activities/airflow, etc...there is risk involved every time a person opts to leave their house and interact with society. the only 100% effective strategy is pure isolation. 

as for the high school daughter...got me. there are plenty of cases of 1/2,2/3s,3/4s of a house-hold contracting covid while some go un-infected...hell, very early into the pandemic some of the quarantined cruise ships had cases of couples sharing cabins for 10-14 days where only one person tested positive. I'm sure in due time there will be studies conducted as to why...I'd say right now those scientific brains are better put to use on vaccines and slowing transmission, of course. 

I hope that satisfactorily answers your anecdotal question. of course if your point was that these 2 people wore masks and still got covid so the masks were the problem...phew...I mean, keep on only drawing conclusions that fit into your own pre-conceived narrative. 

What happened to let’s wear masks fir ONLY 2 weeks to flatten the curve?  We have been as close to 100% compliance as you will ever get for the last nine months. It’s time to get back to normal. 

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

42 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

What happened to let’s wear masks fir ONLY 2 weeks to flatten the curve?  We have been as close to 100% compliance as you will ever get for the last nine months. It’s time to get back to normal. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

phew

haha

wow

wait, what was the question?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

43 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

That's not what was asked. The two weeks was to try to flatten the curve with extreme lockdowns of public spaces. Masks were always asked and had no timeline. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Who is we? Society in general hasn’t been complying with mask wearing or distancing recommendations. Here, Texas, UK...

The only places that have been effective controlling the virus have taken extreme measures and are either authoritarian or like New Zealand where they have very high faith in government. 
Every single time restrictions are lifted or eased everyone goes friggin’ nuts and hits the bars or tries to act like things are normal. It is time to recognize that normal is a long way away and it gets further away the less people disregard public health needs. 
Another thing to consider to those that aren’t worried about getting it or got it and didn’t have adverse effects: every time someone gets it and passes it along, the chance of mutations increases. That is how we now that the UK, Brazil, and South Africa variations. The SA version is showing some increased vaccine resistance. Last thing we need is to start to get this under control only to have a new variant pop up that renders some or all the vaccines impotent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Nice assumptions bartender.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

That's not what was asked. The two weeks was to try to flatten the curve with extreme lockdowns of public spaces. Masks were always asked and had no timeline. 

You're correct.  Actually on March 8, 2020, the revered Dr. Anthony Fauci said we should not have to wear masks.

When it comes to preventing coronavirus, public health officials have been clear: Healthy people do not need to wear a face mask to protect themselves from COVID-19.

"There's no reason to be walking around with a mask," infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci told 60 Minutes. 

While masks may block some droplets, Fauci said, they do not provide the level of protection people think they do. Wearing a mask may also have unintended consequences: People who wear masks tend to touch their face more often to adjust them, which can spread germs from their hands."

Before you reply with your typical smart assed comments, I know that science evolves, but this is our "expert on infectious disease" stating that masks do not provide the level of protection that people think they do.  That is a basic comment regarding viruses.  Fauci does state later in the interview that there is a concern regarding a potential shortage for healthcare workers, but his first comment was that they do not provide the level of protection people think they do.

The other comment I like is, "Well, they don't protect the wearer but the people they come in contact with.  Tell me how that works.  Do the masks only filter air moving in one direction?  

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Masks protect the wearer, but protect them best if the infected person is also wearing a mask.  You know this by now.

Ed5_VZJUEAAiYZ4.jpg

I think at first there was hesitancy to introduce mask wearing because there was major uncertainty about how COVID was transmitted.  That science did continue to evolve for several months. Fauci has also noted (and this has been mentioned on GMG previously in threads in which you participated) was that initially there was a concern that if the CDC went all in on masks at that point, there would be such a run on PPE that medical personnel would end up without a supply of PPE when regular citizens gobbled it all up.  In some areas, that did happen even without a mask mandate. 

I think they should have gone all-in on masks early and hesitating was a mistake. It would have taken more decisive government action to meet our supply deficit, which never really happened. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1