Men's CUSA Tournament

UNTLifer

We play Wednesday @ 9pm vs. the winner of the MUTS/FIU game.  FIU finished the regular season with a record of 9-17/2-15 and MUTS were 5-17/3-13.  They split their season series, so this game is a toss up in my mind.

If we win Wednesday, we get ODU on Thursday @ 9pm.  

I hated how we ended the regular season, but we got the easier side of the bracket IMHO.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We play Wednesday @ 9pm vs. the winner of the MUTS/FIU game.  FIU finished the regular season with a record of 9-17/2-15 and MUTS were 5-17/3-13.  They split their season series, so this game is a toss up in my mind.

If we win Wednesday, we get ODU on Thursday @ 9pm.  

I hated how we ended the regular season, but we got the easier side of the bracket IMHO.

We do have the "easier" side of the bracket but at this point and the way we ended the regular season, I'm not even sure we can get a result against ODU. Unless we suddenly develop an inside game or finally catch fire from the perimeter, I just don't feel the same confidence about this team that I had last year. Anything can happen and I hope I'm wrong but they really need to turn around their ice cold shooting. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Game was canceled because of Covid MTSU moves on. That’s all I saw.

Interesting. That nullifies our advantage of having the single bye before playing them.  Now, if only MTSU would do the gentlemanly thing and forfeit their game against us so that we can regain the double bye that we pissed away...

• Upvote 1

I think the bracket sets up nicely for us.  ODU is no guaranteed win, but it is a better matchup than anything we would have seen on the other side of the bracket.  A semi-final game against La Tech is also better than dealing with WKU or UAB.  

IF (big if) we can get to a one game, winner take all, final I have faith in McCasland to have a trick or two up his sleeve.  

I hate that the local venue advantage will be nullified by COVID protocols and I really think being without Jones (if he is not able to go) leaves us with a short bench in terms of scoring punch and avoiding foul trouble.  

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

are you part of the MGSF? that was how i got mine. They were not on sale to the general public. 

Ya it went by priority though and I’m bottom barrel. I also tried winning them and tried frontline worker (teacher which I don’t think counts).

14 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Ya it went by priority though and I’m bottom barrel. I also tried winning them and tried frontline worker (teacher which I don’t think counts).

i just heard on the rice/southern miss broadcast they said tickets were on sale and for people to come down and watch in person which is the opposite of everything i had heard. Maybe they opened up some tickets to the public? might try that tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1