Les Miles Probably Out at KU Due to Past Issues at LSU

UNTLifer

https://sports.yahoo.com/les-miles-departure-from-kansas-feels-inevitable-who-might-replace-him-213212079.html

Kansas football coach Les Miles was placed on administrative leave Friday after new sexual harassment allegations were revealed stemming from his time coaching at LSU.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

KU AD acting all high and mighty yet he hired this dude?  He oughta be fired as well.

They were buddy buddy. If you watch the ESPN+ series on him at KU, you can see their personal relationship played a role in him going to KU. I think someone involved at KU dug up this dirt to get out of his contract since he has woefully underperformed.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

They were buddy buddy. If you watch the ESPN+ series on him at KU, you can see their personal relationship played a role in him going to KU. I think someone involved at KU dug up this dirt to get out of his contract since he has woefully underperformed.

Has he woefully underperformed? There’s not a single Big XII team that they can say they are better than. And they are almost always the worst P5 team in the country every year. Miles is a scumbag, no doubt,  but the struggles at Kansas aren’t surprising.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Has he woefully underperformed? There’s not a single Big XII team that they can say they are better than. And they are almost always the worst P5 team in the country every year. Miles is a scumbag, no doubt,  but the struggles at Kansas aren’t surprising.

Perhaps I should’ve said fell below the hype of a national champ coach.

Plus, what you said is almost certainly what all other college football fans say about us when folks here complain about Seth not winning enough.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, golfingomez said:

did anybody honestly think Miles would succeed? 

He's past his prime and he was a gamble for LSU even when he was winning.

I knew he was doomed the day he took a job at a school with an artificial home turf. 

Frankly, it's a miracle he hasn't starved to death already. 

I love how KU stadium sits on campus, very scenic from up on the hill looking down on it.  Never been in the stadium so not sure how it looks close up.  This are G-5 we should be scheduling right now.  Someone actually have a chance of winning at.  Not sure how much they pay for home games though but I settle for 1-1.  

There was an interesting article with a list of possible replacements including Holtz, Monken from Army, Calhoun from Air Force, Ken N. from Navy, etc. but the lead candidate appears to be Willie Fritz at Tulane.

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

There was an interesting article with a list of possible replacements including Holtz, Monken from Army, Calhoun from Air Force, Ken N. from Navy, etc. but the lead candidate appears to be Willie Fritz at Tulane.

https://footballscoop.com/news/potential-candidates-for-kansas-jayhawks-head-coach/

15 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

If they want a quick fix I go after the SMUT head coach. He turned the ponies around in about a year.

Why would you leave SMU for KU? If he wants to move on he will have a lot better options. Seems he is very happy in Dallas, but might just be waiting for Texas Tech to open up. 

• Upvote 1

I personally wouldn't mind either Skip Holtz or Bill Clark. Nobody knows how to do more with less than those two, though Miles did leave a pretty good foundation of highly rated high school recruits. In order to turn things around quicker than anticipated, the new coach is really going to have to hit juco recruiting hard since Miles mainly recruited high school players.  However, this is all dependent on who the new AD is. Unless they completely switch it up and get an out of the box thinker in charge, they will go with yet another P5 offensive coordinator which has already failed miserably multiple times in the past.