This COVID seating stuff is ridiculous

emmitt01

First, let me begin by saying I am a basketball season ticket holder.  That is not to pat myself on the back, just to point out that I have two seats that are in a static location.  I have just two tickets because often my wife and youngest daughter have no interest in going to the game, and I take either my oldest or my son, whichever is most excited about going that day. 

Now, on several occasions this season I have called the NT ticket office and asked them to add three seats adjacent to my seats...and, after acting like they are performing magic, they have accommodated me up until today.  Today I was informed that it is impossible to have five seats adjacent to each other in the coliseum...again, after having been able to do so several times prior (during the restricted seating arrangement). 

So, here is my question.  If I had called them up at the beginning of the season and said "I want to give $10,000 to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund and purchase five season tickets for my family" I would have been told "no, I'm sorry it is physically impossible to sit your entire family together if you made the fateful mistake of being married and procreating more than twice"?   That just seems a bit hard to fathom. 

<Rant Over> 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

First, let me begin by saying I am a basketball season ticket holder.  That is not to pat myself on the back, just to point out that I have two seats that are in a static location.  I have just two tickets because often my wife and youngest daughter have no interest in going to the game, and I take either my oldest or my son, whichever is most excited about going that day. 

Now, on several occasions this season I have called the NT ticket office and asked them to add three seats adjacent to my seats...and, after acting like they are performing magic, they have accommodated me up until today.  Today I was informed that it is impossible to have five seats adjacent to each other in the coliseum...again, after having been able to do so several times prior (during the restricted seating arrangement). 

So, here is my question.  If I had called them up at the beginning of the season and said "I want to give $10,000 to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund and purchase five season tickets for my family" I would have been told "no, I'm sorry it is physically impossible to sit your entire family together if you made the fateful mistake of being married and procreating more than twice"?   That just seems a bit hard to fathom. 

<Rant Over> 

Oh... but they police where people sit and let them sit all in too of each other and in other seats without issue...

• Upvote 2