Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Ekeler making as much as Bennett at TU


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It's a wonder we don't lose more coaches

Yes it’s the ongoing  P5/G5  struggle , but UNT has come a long way up that mountain in terms of Division I athlete and coach appeal.  Now is the time to keep the pedal to the metal and NEVER get derailed.  I firmly believe UNT is going to be the breakout major university in Texas and brother I’ve seen it all.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the UT offense and defense last season, his special teams will be on full display. Mostly the punt and kick return teams lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cogido said:

Yes it’s the ongoing  P5/G5  struggle , but UNT has come a long way up that mountain in terms of Division I athlete and coach appeal.  Now is the time to keep the pedal to the metal and NEVER get derailed.  I firmly believe UNT is going to be the breakout major university in Texas and brother I’ve seen it all.

Agreed

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Tennessee gets about $45 million from being in the SEC. We get games on Facebook for being in CUSA.

I am pretty sure the payout per school in CUSA is the lowest out of the 10 conferences. SBC, and MAC have the big ESPN deals for weekdays, MW has CBS and Fox, and AAC has big big ESPN contract.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I am pretty sure the payout per school in CUSA is the lowest out of the 10 conferences. SBC, and MAC have the big ESPN deals for weekdays, MW has CBS and Fox, and AAC has big big ESPN contract.

What do Facebook and Stadium pay our conference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

What do Facebook and Stadium pay our conference?

So according to a article by Underdog Dynasty, the payout to start was 14 million, and now is 2 million which sits dead last. The MAC has more of a payout by like 8 million...

So in conclusion, bad and a disaster that won’t be fixed until new leadership is in.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I am pretty sure the payout per school in CUSA is the lowest out of the 10 conferences. SBC, and MAC have the big ESPN deals for weekdays, MW has CBS and Fox, and AAC has big big ESPN contract.

MacLeod.JPG

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Yes the problem is the commissioner and not the product...

Def a little of both.

I'm anti-Judy, but someone posted a bit back a compelling argument that this is not the commissioner's role and we are pretty harsh on her around here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Yes the problem is the commissioner and not the product...

Yes the product that the MAC is putting out is worth more than C-USA, 4-fold.

I'm not naive enough to think C-USA is a P-6 conference or something, but we're spiralling the wrong direction now, and that is most-definitely the job of our commish to come up with better solutions.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes the product that the MAC is putting out is worth more than C-USA, 4-fold.

I'm not naive enough to think C-USA is a P-6 conference or something, but we're spiralling the wrong direction now, and that is most-definitely the job of our commish to come up with better solutions.

MAC has been pretty stable and geographically compact. CUSA has lost most of its big hitters and lots of SBC move ups (including us that no one cares about).

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

MAC has been pretty stable and geographically compact. CUSA has lost most of its big hitters and lots of SBC move ups (including us that no one cares about).

This might explain why C-USA demand would go down, but does it explain the tailspin, and these sub-par conferences passing us by at a blistering pace?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This might explain why C-USA demand would go down, but does it explain the tailspin, and these sub-par conferences passing us by at a blistering pace?

Naw - it’s not resources that have hindered CUSA it’s bad coaching hires.  FAU has proven with the right hire and resources you can have a bad ass program in a very short amount of time.

I also think there is a delay before you start reaping the benefits of improved facilities.

I see a lot of reason for optimism in CUSA for the coming years. Both Florida schools seem to be improving.  Charlotte has made huge strides and Rice seems to be back on track with their new coach.  UTSA may have the best program in the league next year.  And it’s not because of their facilities believe me.  That place is a dump.  It’s because of Mr. T.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the MAC, you have to be willing to play any day other than Saturday.  Don't like that set up, but they choose that and an empty house over Saturday games and a crowd.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Regarding the MAC, you have to be willing to play any day other than Saturday.  Don't like that set up, but they choose that and an empty house over Saturday games and a crowd.

Yep exactly. Mac and SBC play a lot of games, that are on National TV, on weekdays. Personally, from the 2012 ULL game on a Tuesday, it gets on TV but I hate small crowds and the fact that the next day is not Sunday.

It’s kinda a lose-lose situation.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

MAC has been pretty stable and geographically compact. CUSA has lost most of its big hitters and lots of SBC move ups (including us that no one cares about).

And they are willing to play games during the week

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yep exactly. Mac and SBC play a lot of games, that are on National TV, on weekdays. Personally, from the 2012 ULL game on a Tuesday, it gets on TV but I hate small crowds and the fact that the next day is not Sunday.

It’s kinda a lose-lose situation.

It sounds awful up front, but if these conference are rocketing above us in perception, maybe we need to reconsider/evaluate again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.