Portal WR Tommy Bush - UGa

97and03

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all...  this guy has only played in 3 games his entire career (3 seasons).   1 catch for 1 yard in an absolute blowout VS GATech.   

At some point, you have to stop looking at High School "stars", and start looking at production against peer institutions.   If he comes here, he's got his work cut out for him because Shorter & Simpson are legit, and I think Loronzo Thompson is going to come back to the offensive side this season and tear it up.

I agree completely, but sometimes a change of location works.  He has the talent and potential worth taking a flyer on.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree completely, but sometimes a change of location works.  He has the talent and potential worth taking a flyer on.

I think we have 22 guys signed for this class (23 if friggin Farrell counts against us too, which he probably does), so Littrell & Co will need to be very judicious with the last 2.   If they deem a WR worthy of one, I think Bush would definitely be worth a shot.

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2021 at 2:07 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think we have 22 guys signed for this class (23 if friggin Farrell counts against us too, which he probably does), so Littrell & Co will need to be very judicious with the last 2.   If they deem a WR worthy of one, I think Bush would definitely be worth a shot.

JD mentioned he confirmed we have 4 spots left, so I would feel okay picking him up, as long as the other 3 are used on defense

• Upvote 1

I think I’d rather have Trevon West, but definitely would not complain with either. I don’t care as much about what positions we use those remaining spots on. Just get the most talented guys.

If this was still December and we could get them on campus for spring I definitely would’ve wanted these spots to be used on defense. That time has passed. Hopefully the guys we have on campus are enough for Bennett to mold a competent defense.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

JD mentioned he confirmed we have 4 spots left, so I would feel okay picking him up, as long as the other 3 are used on defense

Bennett said 3 in an interview this week. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I believe Seth said 4

I don’t really know, just repeating the PB interview with the Baylor guys (still not sure why he is still dialing in to Baylor shows but whatever). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t really know, just repeating the PB interview with the Baylor guys (still not sure why he is still dialing in to Baylor shows but whatever). 

I think he has been doing the show with those guys for a while. The comments concerning UNT have been good. Hey, it gets our name out there and maybe a few people/players in the region think of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

I think he has been doing the show with those guys for a while. The comments concerning UNT have been good. Hey, it gets our name out there and maybe a few people/players in the region think of us.

I agree! This is great marketing for UNT Football. I feel like it can only help us from that prospective. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Scott Hall was from Schertz, wasn't he?  Not that I think he (Hall) would be involved in recruiting Bush, just looking to confirm.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Stix said:

Scott Hall was from Schertz, wasn't he?  Not that I think he (Hall) would be involved in recruiting Bush, just looking to confirm.

He sure was.  His dad Stan used to visit the board quite a bit back in the day.  Great family that bleeds green.

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I would put my money on it 🥸

Our WR corps is tough!!! Could be deepest with talent its ever been, saying something! Losing Darden hurts but hopefully we reload. Adding this type of talent is so awesome to see.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1