Phil Bennett Interview 3/1/21

Love the energy of those Baylor radio guys with our new Defensive Coordinator.

And Defensive Coordinator Phil Bennett?  Central & East Texas Mean Green recruiting will never be the same.  Good—times—ahead, folks!  

With HFC Seth Littrell having a presence inside the state of Oklahoma; that is, for recruiting along with his donor friends who (with the McNatt family) got us an Indoor Practice Facility jump started & finished.  Ain’t it a beaut’ ?   Is it helping our recruiting as many of you predicted?  MeThinks it is.

5EE6BEEB-5916-45A0-A75E-96380FEB8221.jpeg.af69ed9444e819600342dc7f44161a67.jpeg

B3308C97-290F-4821-B9CF-5EB24CB78DE0.jpeg.693d3fef53b09f414ba2a1e24783d61f.jpeg73CA1B86-27E0-4275-87E5-76E5E672EF77.jpeg.f0419f0600ac65b3aa7681e4bfd34d34.jpeg

🦅❇️🦅GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I also agree with Coach Bennett’s radio broadcasted opinion on the portal.  

Someone in the NCAA offices  pulled a “I’m so bored what can I come up with today idea (blunder), yet he really didn’t think it out.  It no doubt favors the P5 group in the long run.  They should pull it off the table.  

Is Jason Beam now w/o a school & a scholarship?  I blame some Einstein NCAA administrator in Shawnee Mission, Kansas, for that—so should Jason Bean.  Let him back on the team, Coach, he’s still just a kid. 

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I also agree with Coach Bennett’s radio broadcasted opinion on the portal.  

Someone in the NCAA offices  pulled a “I’m so bored what can I come up with today idea (blunder), yet he really didn’t think it out.  It no doubt favors the P5 group in the long run.  They should pull it off the table.  

Is Jason Beam now w/o a school & a scholarship?  I blame some Einstein NCAA administrator in Shawnee Mission, Kansas, for that—so should Jason Bean.  Let him back on the team, Coach, he’s still just a kid. 

I agree until your last paragraph. I don’t want Bean on the roster if he is unhappy. Sometimes, suffering the consequences of your decision(s) is the best lesson in life. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree until your last paragraph. I don’t want Bean on the roster if he is unhappy. Sometimes, suffering the consequences of your decision(s) is the best lesson in life. 

Strongly disagree, as one of most that have made an occasional wrong decision

They own Bean nothing, but if they think he can help the team; try to get him back

I am really surprised that Bean has not committed, he may have thought the big offers would come and they have not. 

I would like to see Bean back at NT, he played a lot of QB last year and his speed make him a big running threat.  I would also like to see if he can play corner or wide receiver.  

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

He’s not moving to DB or WR, if so he would have already been moved.  He fancies himself a D1 QB.  

Didn't know you were on the coaching staff or a mind reader.

If he is waiting on a guaranteed QB position, he maybe one of the 70% that don't escape the terminal. 

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Strongly disagree, as one of most that have made an occasional wrong decision

They own Bean nothing, but if they think he can help the team; try to get him back

I am really surprised that Bean has not committed, he may have thought the big offers would come and they have not. 

I would like to see Bean back at NT, he played a lot of QB last year and his speed make him a big running threat.  I would also like to see if he can play corner or wide receiver.  

Tough love (denying him) or welcoming him back (an act of grace) are both valuable lessons that have their places, but I think they can only be made when you know the individual, not just the situation.  You have to think the coaches know him better than us and can make a good decision.

From the outside looking in, the pouting on the sidelines didn't do him any favors and it appears he is set on QB.  Would not consider snaps at any other position.  So....

tenor.png

• Upvote 1

I'm not and didn't mean to come across that way.  From my observation, I would make the assumption that he tended to sulk when pulled from games and didn't welcome being replaced by Aune, or anyone else for that matter.  I would also make the assumption that he was approached about moving positions when it was pretty obvious that we were going with Aune in the long run and probably bringing in a transfer to also compete for the starting position.  I don't see him being a DB, but could see him being a very good WR based on his speed alone. 

Not sure what happened his senior year of high school, but he ended up not starting after committing to us his junior year and that was concerning as well.  His strength is his unbelievable speed.  In the long run, I really hope he finds a place where he is happy and can succeed, but sometimes you need to swallow a little pride and listen to those trying to "coach you up."  Again, no inside information, just personal observation.