Mean Green beat UTEP in five-set thriller, Match 2 on Monday at 1:00

ADLER

Click link for full story and stats: https://meangreensports.com/news/2021/2/28/womens-volleyball-mean-green-outlast-utep-in-five-set-thriller.aspx

Mean Green beat UTEP in five-set thriller

DENTON – The Mean Green volleyball team outlasted UTEP in a thrilling five-set victory (26-24, 21-25, 27-25, 18-25, 15-12) on Sunday afternoon for an important win in the C-USA West Division race.

The Mean Green (5-6, 2-3 C-USA) moved a game closer to second place UTEP (4-4, 3-2 C-USA) in the Conference USA West standings. North Texas has now won 11 of the last 13 meetings against UTEP. Head coach Andrew Palileo improved to 9-1 against the Miners and 6-0 at home.

"I thought it was a good game," Palileo said. "Both offenses played pretty well, and it was right side [hitters] versus right sides. It was a grind-it-out match, and I'm glad we came out on top."

Robinson vs. UTEP

Rhett Robinson put together her best performance of the season, finishing with season-highs in kills (25) and attack percentage (.339). Robinson, the Preseason All-Conference USA selection, said it has been exciting to see how much the Mean Green have improved in the last three weeks.
 "I thought it was a really good matchup," Robinson said. "Our energy and enthusiasm really carried us today."

Up Next: North Texas and UTEP will play again on Monday at 1 p.m. at the North Texas Volleyball Center.  

• Upvote 3