WBB vs. Marshall 2.27.21

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Very poor game by NT, they just got beat by a last place team in Denton.

They got generally out hustled by an inferior team.  Apparently, if Nobles can' t have a big scoring game, this team is in trouble.

An inferior team that also handed Rice their only conference loss, by 12, just prior to arriving in Denton

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2

The women only have two double digit wins in conference play. They’re good, they’re having a great season, but they aren’t a team that necessarily has a huge talent edge over teams that have worse records.

The case is pretty similar for the men’s team. 9-3 is truthfully proof of pretty impressive coaching jobs. Hopefully they can capitalize off of the success and lead to better recruiting, similar to what happened with the Men’s team a year ago.

On that last Marshall drive that resulted in Marshall points, they looked like they gave up. Let MU get 2 offensive rebounds and win the game.

Not a great offensive showing in both games in my opinion.

They basically have a bye for the tournament, but it would be very big for a split against Rice. They’re definitely beatable.

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

An inferior team that is 7-9 (6-8).

Did you watch the game?  I definitely though NT had the talent edge, particularly at the guard position. 

I did.  And we do not have any talent edge at guard against their #4.  But for foul trouble, she would have pushed the lead out of reach.  

What I saw was a Marshall team that moved the ball well, cut to the bucket, and pushed tempo.  They’re not some bunch of scrubs.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I did.  And we do not have any talent edge at guard against their #4.  But for foul trouble, she would have pushed the lead out of reach.  

What I saw was a Marshall team that moved the ball well, cut to the bucket, and pushed tempo.  They’re not some bunch of scrubs.  

Never said they were a bunch of scrubs.   I said I think NT had superior talent and I will stay with that.  Also will re-state Marshall wanted it more.  

• Upvote 1

WBB Loses by One to Marshall

DENTON – A Quincy Noble bucket gave North Texas women's basketball a one-point advantage with 22 seconds to play, but Marshall scored with four ticks remaining to hand the Mean Green a 56-55 loss on Senior Day Saturday inside The Super Pit.
Noble scored a game-high 13 points for UNT (12-5, 9-3 C-USA) while Rochelle Lee and N'Yah Boyd each contributed 12. Lee also grabbed a team-high eight rebounds. The team stats were nearly identical, but the Thundering Herd (7-9, 6-8 C-USA) won the battle on the boards, 41-35.
 "This is a big lesson for us," head coach Jalie Mitchell said. "I can't think back to the last game that we won the rebounds. That's been something that I feel like has been haunting us."

Click this link for full story and stats: https://meangreensports.com/news/2021/2/27/womens-basketball-wbb-loses-by-one-to-marshall.aspx