Marshall (2/27/21)

CMJ

Just now, southsideguy said:

I just find it hard to understand how our sixth man is Murrary.    He is not good on offense and his defense against Marshall has been bad.   Yet Mac keeps sending him out there.   Maybe he is having a bad game but put someone else in.

Especially when Jackson has played well today. 

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I said.

I'll be relieved with this one - Marshall is missing a lot of looks.  They're gonna be tough to beat twice.

I was unfortunately correct.  The last play was there for us though.  I hate to criticize Hamlet with the amazing game he had, but he let that ball go with nearly three seconds...

Another dribble and he's maybe 4 feet from the rim.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Yesterday I said.

I'll be relieved with this one - Marshall is missing a lot of looks.  They're gonna be tough to beat twice.

I was unfortunately correct.  The last play was there for us though.  I hate to criticize Hamlet with the amazing game he had, but he let that ball go with nearly three seconds...

Zach is one foot too far away.  He could have flushed Hamlet's shot.  I'd swear that if it wasn't for the arc of Hamlet's shot, that was a designed lob for Simmons.

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Yesterday I said.

They still had a foul to give so he may have tried to rush the shot.

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Yesterday I said.

[quote] I'll be relieved with this one - Marshall is missing a lot of looks.  They're gonna be tough to beat twice.[/quote]

Marshall thought 38.5% from three yesterday. That’s higher than their season average. Wasn’t like they were uncharacteristically bad shooting yesterday and were back to normal today. But they were lights out today.

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How in the world is that Marshall ball?  I want an explanation as to how anything we did forced the ball to propel out of bounds. Defies the laws of physics. 

11 minutes ago, MattDamon23 said:

That call was absolute bs. Love our CUSA refs

Taylor’s leg propelled the ball, but if Jones touched it last it doesn’t matter. I think it was a classic “not enough to overturn” because there was never a clear moment where the ball was touching only Taylor’s leg after Jones’ hand moved away from the ball.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Marshall thought 38.5% from three yesterday. That’s higher than their season average. Wasn’t like they were uncharacteristically bad shooting yesterday and were back to normal today. But they were lights out today.

I wasn't just talking about threes.  Even a lot of their shots inside the arc seemed like they should have gone in.

I just had the feeling all game yesterday that it was gonna be tough to beat that team on back to back days.

11 minutes ago, MattDamon23 said:

I dont want to rag on Hamlet, because he played a phenomenal game.....but to me it seems he should have scored on that last basket. Almost looks like he panicked slightly. 

It sucks because it was a great drive. I wonder if Hamlet was scared they wouldn’t give him the call if he drove all the way so he rushed the shot before he got in with the trees. He has been getting hosed on not getting foul calls on his drives this season. 

• Downvote 1