C-USA Men’s 2021 basketball tourney will be limited attendance

“According to the release due to COVID-19 protocols, tickets for the 2021 Air Force Reserve C-USA Basketball Championships Presented by Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Frisco will not be available for sale to the general public due to limited capacity.  Each institution will receive an extremely limited number of tickets for family and friends“

https://wkuherald.com/sports/update-on-c...4cb35.html

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

• Harry changed the title to C-USA Men’s 2021 basketball tourney will be limited attendance
6 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I wonder if Governor Abbots order removing all restrictions has any impact on attendance or whether CUSA will keep it as is. CUSA does not  strike me as a particularly agile organization so I’m guessing they’ll keep as is. 

I don’t believe C-USA can do that as Abbott would have state jurisdiction.  C-USA is based in Texas is my understanding and this would have to comply with state law.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

14 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

I don’t believe C-USA can do that as Abbott would have state jurisdiction.  C-USA is based in Texas is my understanding and this would have to comply with state law.

C-USA can do anything they want.  They do not have to comply with state law.  Any establishment can mandate masks, and limit patrons if they feel like they want to.    I am not saying that they will not modify the decision, but my guess is they will leave it the same as the last thing they want to have happen is a mass outbreak that causes CUSA to not be able to field a team in the NCAA tournament.

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Here's the thing: Do you really believe schools like FAU/FIU will sell that many tickets? I doubt most of the East Division schools will sell out their allotment.

The term they used was “extremely limited” as far as allotment size, so it doesn’t sound like there will be a huge supply out there unless they pivot and allow fans now that Texas is back open 100%.