Do we think we will be able to tailgate and go back to normal this 2021 football season?

Coach Andy Mac

54 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

How many old people did you step over to get your vaccine? 

When your number is called, you go.

I know plenty of otherwise healthy folk who have showed up and gotten the vaccine at the end of the day when there are no-shows because of the refrigeration requirements of those vaccines.. there is not a "put it back" option. If they pulled x amount for the day and x-n shows up.. then they have some left over they must use. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, UNT Mean Green said:

Come September, hopefully we will all be packed into Apogee stadium after enjoying a fun day of tailgating!

COVID is going to end up increasing attendance? 

and again...25% of the population is not eligible for any vaccine right now. keep your math honest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 3/3/2021 at 1:30 PM, Cr1028 said:

I would argue that large businesses don’t typically care about your individual health...What they do care about is your reaction to their handling those issues and if it will cost them money.

This.  All day.

This, and the ability to say:  "Your suit is without merit."

HEB is handling it perfectly, IMO.  They have their employees masked for the conformation and comfort effect it provides, and strongly encourage the shopper to mask up

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:54 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sure.
Just don't get mad when a private business (however big or small) decides to make you wear a mask when you enter their premises.  That's THEIR decision, not yours.

Absolutely...and let me make that decision if I want to patronize that business.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the first call was for people over 65 and health care workers, but people will do what people will do.  They are opening up by groups but they are not enforcing it.  

From the State of Texas website:

•   Healthcare personnel likely to be exposed to or treat people with COVID-19.

•   People at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including those with underlying

medical conditions and people 65 years of age and older

•   Other vulnerable, frontline workers

Edited by southsideguy
  • Eye Roll 1

The point of the phase is to help those most at risk first.  they might care. I did see they have opened it to teachers now.  So they are working through the phases.   They expect by May to open up to everyone.

I can tell I won't change anyone attitude about this and that is ok.  I am in my 60's and healthy and have not signed up for vaccine yet.   Just deep down I would feel bad if I got the vaccine and and someone that needed did not.  

I took a quiz from The NY Times on where you stand in line for the vaccine.   I am 60 and healthy and I was like third from the end of the line......lol.  Hope I make it.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

41 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

The point of the phase is to help those most at risk first.  they might care. I did see they have opened it to teachers now.  So they are working through the phases.   They expect by May to open up to everyone.

I can tell I won't change anyone attitude about this and that is ok.  I am in my 60's and healthy and have not signed up for vaccine yet.   Just deep down I would feel bad if I got the vaccine and and someone that needed did not.  

I took a quiz from The NY Times on where you stand in line for the vaccine.   I am 60 and healthy and I was like third from the end of the line......lol.  Hope I make it.

Thanks for being a good guy but go ahead and get it and no one will begrudge your opportunity to be vaccinated. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

COVID is going to end up increasing attendance? 

and again...25% of the population is not eligible for any vaccine right now. keep your math honest. 

What 25%?  That isn't a vaccine mandate, but a local decision.  Out here, we have hosted mass vaccination drive throughs on a first come, first serve basis for the public.

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What 25%?  That isn't a vaccine mandate, but a local decision.  Out here, we have hosted mass vaccination drive throughs on a first come, first serve basis for the public.

Children. 

People eye-rolling math...glad yo see this place hasn’t changed. 

If we say the low-end number is 50% for herd immunity...but only have 75% of the population eligible for the vaccine, that means you need 2/3rds buy-in...250-260 million Americans. 

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Again, you can shove it. 

To insinuate that I selfishly jumped in front of people on purpose and that I should feel bad about it is misguided and complete garbage that's not how it works dude. Get over yourself direct your dumbass vitriol to Denton County Public Health. Miss me with the holier than thou bullshit all I did was sign up to be placed on the list. I didn't do that expecting to jump in front of people because I think I deserve the vaccine more I went when I was told to go. 

You are as wrong as wrong gets bud.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4

11 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Your right, cant argue with logic.......topic closed.

Lets do a perspective shift. If he hadn't signed up to be notified then there's a very high chance that shot would have ended up in the trash. Once you break that seal there's a very definitive shelf life in that vial.

The first 3 or 4 shots probably went to the intended demographic. After that you got an extra shot or two that someone didn't show up for or was declined. Do you just trash it? Scramble to find someone who needs it within the time frame of spoilage? Or have a listing of folks willing to take it and go through that.

Its the most efficient and effective way to reduce waste and keep moving that needle to herd immunity. Everyone should be on a reserve list just for that

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Again, you can shove it. 

To insinuate that I selfishly jumped in front of people on purpose and that I should feel bad about it is misguided and complete garbage that's not how it works dude. Get over yourself direct your dumbass vitriol to Denton County Public Health. Miss me with the holier than thou bullshit all I did was sign up to be placed on the list. I didn't do that expecting to jump in front of people because I think I deserve the vaccine more I went when I was told to go. 

You are as wrong as wrong gets bud.

I don’t think he was insinuating anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1