Makyle Sanders is back

meangreen11

• meangreen11 changed the title to Makyle Sanders is back
28 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

It likely has to do with how many bridges he burned on his way out the door.  

Him being back is evidence that he didn’t burn his bridges.

28 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Someone listed on GMG that 70% (+-) of athletes that enter the portal don’t get a call.

It’s incomplete data. It’s only February, and the season doesn’t start until August. But whatever number it is, it’s going to be skewed by all seniors getting an extra season of eligibility. There’s a whole extra class of athletes with eligibility next season than there usually are.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Him being back is evidence that he didn’t burn his bridges.

It’s incomplete data. It’s only February, and the season doesn’t start until August. But whatever number it is, it’s going to be skewed by all seniors getting an extra season of eligibility. There’s a whole extra class of athletes with eligibility next season than there usually are.

There seems to still be players adding their names. I would also expect another wave of players after the FCS season

I think he is definitely not guaranteed a starting spot. He did not play well last year and we are bringing in more talent. At this point we don’t even know exactly how many DBs we will use in our base formation. I really feel like Sanders regressed last year (ok almost everyone did I admit) and was frequently out of position. Let’s see how this works out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I think he is definitely not guaranteed a starting spot. He did not play well last year and we are bringing in more talent. At this point we don’t even know exactly how many DBs we will use in our base formation. I really feel like Sanders regressed last year (ok almost everyone did I admit) and was frequently out of position. Let’s see how this works out. 

Bowen's "Hawk" position was so poorly coached throughout the entire year. 
The player in that spot was basically a scarecrow all game because they had absolutely NO IDEA where to be.   
Sanders was in that spot some last year, and Gaddie was there some as well.   It's no wonder both of those guys looked like they regressed.  I was really disappointed with Sanders' play last year.   Let's hope he has a renaissance in Bennett's scheme.  

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

He was the best tackler on the team 🤔

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenGang45 said:

He was the best tackler on the team 🤔

The film disagrees with you. He was not very good last year. He averaged 6.8 tackles and had 2 INTs. However, that App State game he was horrible. There were several plays he missed tackles, and this led to big runs by their RBs.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'd add Bean hurt and Siggers really hurt.  Cam was somewhere in between.

I’ve posted this before, but it felt pretty clear to me that Aune won the long game over Bean based on Littrell’s comments and how things ended. I don’t think Bean was shooed out, but I also don’t think the coaches were spending time late at night hoping he would stay either. 

Siggers did hurt, but he wasn’t a starter. Maybe he would’ve been in 2021, but he wasn’t in 2020.

• Upvote 5