New Commit 02/20/2021 Kameron Hill DE Transfer Abilene Christian

jtm0097

18 hours ago, GreenGang45 said:

I will get downvoted. No disrespect to kameron, but I don’t think these are the type of the players we should be going after to fix our D. 

Why? He is a DE/LB who has shown he can rush

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kameron-hill/

8 sacks in 2019, 7 in 2018. 

Looks like he did not play in any of their 6 fall games.

Looks like he might have opted out. I believe he was a preseason All-SLC pick

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kameron-hill/

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

Is he better than anything we have on the roster to waste a spot on him? 

PB and team must feel he can fill a need. We were one of the worst Defenses in football last year, so yes, there is a very good chance he is better than what we have on or team

• Upvote 4

• Harry featured this topic

I suspect PB could have him as an edge rush hybrid type of player. It looks like his system has stand up guys on some packages that he might fit. For example a 3rd down speed rush with 4 DE types instead of 2 DE's and 2 DT's. Also It will all depend on what type of shape he is in from sitting a year and no spring ball.

Edited by Okiefan
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

I suspect PB could have him as an edge rush hybrid type of player. It looks like his system has stand up guys on some packages that he might fit. For example a 3rd down speed rush with 4 DE types instead of 2 DE's and 2 DT's. Also It will all depend on what type of shape he is in from sitting a year and no spring ball.

Agree.  It looks like he has good quickness and some technique.  Our staff certainly must be  thinking that he will get a fair amount of playing time.  We certainly need some more speed on the edges on 3rd downs (at least).

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Eagle71 said:

Agree.  It looks like he has good quickness and some technique.  Our staff certainly must be  thinking that he will get a fair amount of playing time.  We certainly need some more speed on the edges on 3rd downs (at least).

Is he thinking of moving one or more of the twins to linebacker? They proved to have good quickness on the edge. Something must really be standing out to PB to sign a 1 year guy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Is he thinking of moving one or more of the twins to linebacker? They proved to have good quickness on the edge. Something must really be standing out to PB to sign a 1 year guy.

I suspect the twins stay at DE. right where they proved they could play last year. They also appear to have have increased their size (250+) this off season which will help.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I disagree. We are heavy on underclassmen so this ain’t such a bad thing. We have the scholarship to give and it is a need area. Plus an expiring scholly also fits a need. 

• Upvote 4