New Commit 02/20/2021 Kameron Hill DE Transfer Abilene Christian

jtm0097

36 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Even if the twins stay at DE we need more than two.  Hill may not break into the starting lineup but if he turns out to be a valuable rotation player and injury fill in then that would be worth the scholly.  

Nailed it!  Hope someone will let us all know when we have too much speed on the edges!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GreenGang45 said:

I will get downvoted. No disrespect to kameron, but I don’t think these are the type of the players we should be going after to fix our D. 

We'll pass that on to the coaching staff. I'm sure it was an honest mistake on their part...🤨

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Well, to me, the question is about Phil Bennett's ability to assess talent and/or potential ......and then develop that potential. Does anyone know his track record on that?

VERY good. That’s why Baylor loves him so much. That team, in terms of numbers, wasn’t crazy amazing, however they still had one of the best defenses in the country. Phil Bennett is amazing at developing players.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kameron-hill/

8 sacks in 2019, 7 in 2018. 

Looks like he did not play in any of their 6 fall games.

Sounds like Kameron Hill could be a real pass rushing deluxe.

This upcoming 2021 Mean Green “D” I believe is going to be fun watching its development.

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Guys our sack leader had 4.5 sacks last season, the next highest was 3. He bends the corner, dips and gets leverage on the tackle better than most of our defensive ends do. If that's his only trick and he plays on 3rd downs while McCrae slides inside he will contribute a lot.

We didn't sign a single high school DE in 18, signed two in 19 (Walker, Dotson) who were already passed for playing time by the class of 20 signees Rausaw and Pickett. In my opinion this is a lot better than signing JUCO guys who were just big bodies expected to hold up against the run like Frow, Sa'afi, McMillan, and Colvin.

I think our 3 man D-line may have scarred off some DE's. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don't care if he wasn't rated, and is maybe undersized at his position, but we NEED the depth. I'm hoping we can get more of a depth in the front 7, and do what SMU and UH do where they do almost a complete rotation. We never really do that because we never have the depth and talent at that area.

Welcome, Kameron!

Spot on.   Depth along the defensive front is critical.   When your DL starts to wear down, you are toast.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don't care if he wasn't rated, and is maybe undersized at his position, but we NEED the depth. I'm hoping we can get more of a depth in the front 7, and do what SMU and UH do where they do almost a complete rotation. We never really do that because we never have the depth and talent at that area.

Welcome, Kameron!

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

I agree with the depth and rotation comments.

Hill gives us a solid 2 deep at DE with McCrae, Murphy Twins, and Him. Add in Rausaw, Walker, and Dotson and we've got 3 deep on both ends. Speed and Size.

IMO Hill would be a perfect compliment to a guy like Rausaw who's more of a SDE. Put him on the weak side and let him wreak havoc. He's shown he can get to the QB already. Get him 1-on-1 and let him eat

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I agree with the depth and rotation comments.

Hill gives us a solid 2 deep at DE with McCrae, Murphy Twins, and Him. Add in Rausaw, Walker, and Dotson and we've got 3 deep on both ends. Speed and Size.

IMO Hill would be a perfect compliment to a guy like Rausaw who's more of a SDE. Put him on the weak side and let him wreak havoc. He's shown he can get to the QB already. Get him 1-on-1 and let him eat

I’m interested to see where Bennett puts Rausaw and Pickett. Rausaw was playing nose last year after coming in at 6’3” 275 and Pickett was playing 3-tech at 6’3” 270. Looking at Baylor film it looks like most of the time they have a 1-tech DT and a 3-tech DT. Where they were currently, they would be more inside unless Bennett has plans to trim them down a little and move them back outside.

08791D3F-B5BB-4E98-A421-113115852939.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m interested to see where Bennett puts Rausaw and Pickett. Rausaw was playing nose last year after coming in at 6’3” 275 and Pickett was playing 3-tech at 6’3” 270. Looking at Baylor film it looks like most of the time they have a 1-tech DT and a 3-tech DT. Where they were currently, they would be more inside unless Bennett has plans to trim them down a little and move them back outside.

08791D3F-B5BB-4E98-A421-113115852939.png

That's a fair point. I do think we have better depth at DT right now than DE. Which is why I think one of them will move to the end.

I'll be interested to see what the post spring depth chart looks like

• Upvote 2

I had a friend who played for the University of Wyoming and he told the biggest different between high school and college is the speed of the game.   This guy will not have down time learning the speed of the game.  Hopefully Bennet can utilize his talents and develop him into a top player for CUSA.