Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: Delacruz had one race to show what he could do for UNT track and became a star


Recommended Posts

Love me some T&F. I am watching the CUSA indoor meet on CUSA TV and it  is killing me hearing the announcer inside the meet calling UNT North Texas State. It hasn't been called that since my freshman year. Yeah I was there when they change to UNT in Spring 88. I know the announcer is older because his voice gives it away, but "C'mon man!" get it together.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our men are dominating the sprints and scoring big points there. Charlotte is dominating the distance races. We need to win at any relays if they have any because there is only one sprint left and looks like Charlotte is leading.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meet over. Charlotte had 8 guys who made the finals of the men's 3000. They came in 1st-7th for 38 huge points. UNT had one guy finish in 8th for 1 point. There is nothing left that we can do to overcome that. Wow. Coach Sheffield better start getting some distance runners in the program along with his sprinters. Bean would have been great as a sprinter because he is not, in my opinion, a better football player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Venson said:

Meet over. Charlotte had 8 guys who made the finals of the men's 3000. They came in 1st-7th for 38 huge points. UNT had one guy finish in 8th for 1 point. There is nothing left that we can do to overcome that. Wow. Coach Sheffield better start getting some distance runners in the program along with his sprinters. Bean would have been great as a sprinter because he is not, in my opinion, a better football player.

Do not follow T&F, but how many from each school can be in an event? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Do not follow T&F, but how many from each school can be in an event? 

Usually there are 12 in the finals. Only the top 8 score any points. 1st=10, 2nd=8, 3rd=6, 4th=5, 5th=4, 6th=3, 7th=2, and 8th=1. The number from a school  who can be in the event for the finals is not limited as long as they are in the top 12 finishers in the preliminaries. It depends on how fast they run in the preliminaries. Obviously, Charlotte had at least 8 men finish in the top 12 during the preliminaries. That is an amazing feat. UNT had 3 in the finals which means there was only one other school in CUSA that got any men past the preliminaries. I was just hoping we could at least break in the top three to break up some of their points.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Venson said:

Usually there are 12 in the finals. Only the top 8 score any points. 1st=10, 2nd=8, 3rd=6, 4th=5, 5th=4, 6th=3, 7th=2, and 8th=1. The number from a school  who can be in the event for the finals is not limited as long as they are in the top 12 finishers in the preliminaries. It depends on how fast they run in the preliminaries. Obviously, Charlotte had at least 8 men finish in the top 12 during the preliminaries. That is an amazing feat. UNT had 3 in the finals which means there was only one other school in CUSA that got any men past the preliminaries. I was just hoping we could at least break in the top three to break up some of their points.

Thanks. Did not realize they did not limit the number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.