DRC: Breaking news -- UNT-WKU series will not be played this weekend

Brett Vito

Bummer. I would rather us get rid of the Marshall game if it means we can play WKU. We need to play them. We need to see where we match up against the best in this league. For the women I am okay with it. Even though it would be nice to see if they can get a win in Bowling Green, a place they have not won often. WKU is ripe for the women to sweep this year.

Edited by Venson
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Manlaw35 said:

Why not move the games to Sunday and Monday? 

That's what I suggested would be the outcome on another post because I didn't think things would be good enough by Saturday. I haven't looked at the weather in Bowling Green so maybe that had something to do with it as well. I understand that Denton has a boil water notice going on, but if they need drinking water, they can use plenty of bottled water. If it's teeth brushing and showering, then you can use bottled water for brushing and baby wipes to wipe the hot spots. Okay maybe I was having flashbacks of the Army with the bottled water for brushing and the baby wipes. LOL

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Venson said:

That's what I suggested would be the outcome on another post because I didn't think things would be good enough by Saturday. I haven't looked at the weather in Bowling Green so maybe that had something to do with it as well. I understand that Denton has a boil water notice going on, but if they need drinking water, they can use plenty of bottled water. If it's teeth brushing and showering, then you can use bottled water for brushing and baby wipes to wipe the hot spots. Okay maybe I was having flashbacks of the Army with the bottled water for brushing and the baby wipes. LOL

Here in Bowling Green: Streets are clear, never lost power, potable water. 13°F this morning but warming up to the 30s today. 1.5" ice with 3" snow on top. Certainly nothing weather related here to warrant cancelling a college BB game. Many High School games were played last night. Game could have been moved here easily, but I agree with the decision to cancel. No way WKU gets another damn home game against NT until they visit Denton a few times.

• Upvote 4

Well the weather is obviously not the issue and I find it hard to believe the teams can't come up with some bottled water.

This decision just makes little sense to me, might has well just call off the season and hope that conditions are perfect for the tournament or they will think of some rationale to dump that too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Well the weather is obviously not the issue and I find it hard to believe the teams can't come up with some bottled water.

This decision just makes little sense to me, might has well just call off the season and hope that conditions are perfect for the tournament or they will think of some rationale to dump that too.  

Hey man paychecks are still running on time and looking the same.  If you think that some aren't using Covid as an excuse you are kidding yourself.  I like the programs that get things done and produce even in tough times myself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1