WKU Game Week

greenminer

I was looking forward to these two games and hoping for a split.  We had that game won last year if Tayveion hits his free throws at the end and he’s been an 80% plus guy from the line since he’s been here.

We have a pretty good squad this year.  Bassey is legit legit.  His freshman year he really wasn’t.  He had good numbers but he wasn’t going to get drafted high so came back.  He was playing pretty well until he broke his knee.  I honestly (being a lifelong Western fan that expects the worst) didn’t expect much out of him this year being 9 months removed from major surgery.  He has far exceeded what I thought we’d get out of him.  We’ve got some really good pieces at the other spots also with a bunch of seniors.  If Stans is ever going to do something here he’ll do it this year.

They’ve announced we’ve picked up a non-conference game at Houston now.  I knew from friends close to Stans that we’d been working on it and Houston wanted to but they said something about conference was giving them another conference game or something and couldn’t work it out.  That’s what I heard anyway.  But now it’s on.

UNC tweeted out they were looking for ANYONE to play.  Our guys jumped on the horn immediately and got a lot of hemming and hawing out of UNC and the next thing you know they announce they’re playing Northeastern.  

Stans has called Calipari so many times Cal is not answering any more calls from him.  I don’t blame Stans for trying to pick up games.  He has to know he’ll probably never have this roster again here.  I think he can have some good teams in the future because he simply never stops recruiting.  Have you ever watched him in a handshake line?  The opposing coach has to physically remove Stans from loving on whatever player went off on us.  You never know when a kid might want to txfer out.  But this year he has a junior Bassey and some pretty good seniors playing their roles.

I don’t think we’ll get blown out by Houston but I doubt Cincinnati expected to lose by almost 40 to them either.  But it’s nice to get a game with a ranked team even on their floor.  Stans got us the game with Alabama at their place earlier this year by calling everyone.  We won that game at the very end and I never cry about refs but we were getting honked that whole game.  Amazing that we stayed in it much less won it.

I hate we’re not playing these two.  Loved playing you guys in the Belt and love playing you guys here in CUSA.

• Upvote 5