Ice Ice Baby (February 2021)

• Harry featured this topic
27 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Oh man.  There was a WKU game on Thanksgiving years ago that was not so different.

This was our first game with Florida State! It took place a year after I graduated but I understand that a good-natured snowball fight took place between the two teams following the game. Especially true for the FSU players, it was the first time many of them had seen snow.

21 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

This was our first game with Florida State! It took place a year after I graduated but I understand that a good-natured snowball fight took place between the two teams following the game. Especially true for the FSU players, it was the first time many of them had seen snow.

Bobby Bowden's first year @ FSU, correct?

2 hours ago, NTEdgex2 said:

We were without  power for 58 hours, early Monday to Wednesday afternoon in the Mid-cities. Would have welcomed a rolling blackout!  Stay safe. 

We’ve had rolling blackouts since Monday.  I bit inconvenient and annoying, but it sure beats what you and millions of others have had to go through.  Glad you made it through and hope that you continue to have power.

4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

damn... not even the yearbook could get our name right? no wonder these broadcasters have so munch difficulty nowadays!

I guess you're serious, but are you not aware that the yearbook had the name right at that time?https://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/2015/06/22/name-change-unt/#:~:text=On May 15%2C 1988%2C the,College and Teacher's Training Institute

• Upvote 2

Hope everyone made it through ok.  I was lucky.  I was only without power for a couple of hours one day.  My parents were without power for a couple of days and had to come stay with me.  My relatives up in rural West Virginia, including multiple elderly, were without power for days without a generator.  They were finally able to make it into town and find a generator Saturday.  

I saw the temperature at one point hit -3.  That is the second coldest I've ever been in, with the -5 with -15 wind chill when I was in the panhandle.

Edited by Rudy
  • Thanks 1