Brune Article: "The Future" Abou and Big Zach

UNTLifer

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-TExas-mean-green-basketball-the-future-Abou-Ousmane-eager-to-improve-as-Zachary-Simmons-mentors-160706539/

“For me, I didn’t have too much of that [mentorship] coming in, so i’m just trying to do what I can for [Abou],” Simmons said. “I want North Texas to be a great team for the rest of my life, so I’m just trying to help out.”

“It is special, “McCasland said. “Zach has endured a lot of coaching and now he can apply it and give it away. That’s what you love about the maturing process and it’s fun to see what all he’s learned and he’s able to impart it to Abou.

“It has a lot of substance to it and there’s a genuine interest in the program. North Texas means a lot to Zach and he sees the future of our program with Abou being a significant part of it.”

Zach has really stepped up this season and become a true leader on this team. Also crazy the transformation that Ousman has had, not even fully through his first season here. It was clear early that he was out of shape but he has really transformed himself and brings so much more energy now. Keep putting in that work

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Zach has really stepped up this season and become a true leader on this team. Also crazy the transformation that Ousman has had, not even fully through his first season here. It was clear early that he was out of shape but he has really transformed himself and brings so much more energy now. Keep putting in that work

Yep can't wait until the next game to hear the announcers mention that he lost 20 something pounds. Feels like maybe UNT should just make that his nickname so that the announcers have to talk about his game during the game rather than always bringing that up.
Abou "Down 20 Pounds" Ausmane is really moving his feet well etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 1