Mark Cuban - Mavericks no longer playing the National Anthem

Just now, ColoradoEagle said:

Only because it's a wedge issue. It's just another thing to get outraged about that actually has no bearing on anything ever.

That is your well deserved opinion but not shared by all. If it has no impact then play it and choose to ignore if that's what you would like. Just because some might like it does not have to make them wrong. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That is your well deserved opinion but not shared by all. If it has no impact then play it and choose to ignore if that's what you would like. Just because some might like it does not have to make them wrong. 

I never said anyone was wrong. I personally couldn't care less whether the anthem is played or not. I pay just as much attention to it as nearly everyone else.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

we tried that and it cost a man his NFL career. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

7 minutes ago, NT93 said:

If I’m ignoring something, I just kind of don’t pay attention to it.  There is no posturing if all your doing is ignoring.

I'm not totally sure why CBL threw this out there, because Kap was not just ignoring.  It was clearly his protest to get people talking.  You can't get people talking if you don't get noticed.

Back on topic.  On one hand, I agree with traditions.  On the other, I don't want people doing this because "it's just what you do." I want people doing it because they want to.

If you have a solution, I'm all ears.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I'm not totally sure why CBL threw this out there, because Kap was not just ignoring.  It was clearly his protest to get people talking.  You can't get people talking if you don't get noticed.

Back on topic.  On one hand, I agree with traditions.  On the other, I don't want people doing this because "it's just what you do." I want people doing it because they want to.

If you have a solution, I'm all ears.

I agree with all of this.  

I’ve got nothing other than what I’ve already stated and I don’t think it’s a perfect solution, just the best I’ve heard.

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

But it is mainly played out for tradition, correct?

In the same way they play the national anthem of the nation on the podium at the Olympics I would say yes. It seems that is more relevant to the event  than singing Texas Our Texas before every sporting event just because it is held in Texas.  I don’t know if that makes any sense but hopefully it does.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Maybe the Rangers should play "Taps" at the 7 th inning stretch since they are already out of the game by then.

I like you optimism at thinking they need to wait until the 7th. Maybe the Rangers can start a new trend - The 3rd inning surrender

• Eye Roll 1