USM (Brett Favre) vs UNT (Stone Cold Steve Austin)

PlummMeanGreen

••• Take a breather from the usual stuff. 

❇️ Steve Williams (of Edna,TX) later became known as Stone Cold Steve Austin; anyhow, Steve played linebacker for UNT Coach Corky Nelson’s Mean Green back in the 1980’s. (Anyone else remember seeing him play at old Fouts Field)?

🦅🟡 Brett Favre needs no introduction to football fans both at the college & NFL level.

Stone Cold hosts a TV show on the USA Network called “Straight Up Steve Austin.”  In this episode Steve hosts his pal Brett Favre & the 2 country boys head out to the Mississippi woods to, uh, well...just spend the next 3+ minutes video excerpt from the original 30 minute show.  

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to USM (Brett Favre) vs UNT (Stone Cold Steve Austin)

I remember him recovering a fumble in a victory over TCU.

It was the game that, in the final minutes, SWC officials decided that if a TCU receiver could touch a ball before it hit the ground, then it MUST be ruled a completion.  Thankfully, the SWC cowardice kept them from upholding the call, but only after an extended meeting of the officials on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

I remember him recovering a fumble in a victory over TCU.

It was the game that, in the final minutes, SWC officials decided that if a TCU receiver could touch a ball before it hit the ground, then it MUST be ruled a completion.  Thankfully, the SWC cowardice kept them from upholding the call, but only after an extended meeting of the officials on the field.

Including that UNT win over TCU, ADLER,  I can’t  find videos of UNT football wins over other Southwest Conference schools. That includes 2 wins over Texas Tech the last 4(?) times we played the Red Raiders. One of those wins is briefly featured in a video excerpt in a UNT season highlights video that the Mean Green Radio Network guys very professionally produced.

•••Another not-to-be-found video of a Mean Green win over a Big 12 Baylor in Denton, circa 2000.   
•••No video of a Mean Green win at Fouts Field over PAC 12 Oregon State in that very exciting shootout.  

If UNT has film (or video) of some (or most) of those games what does it take to put those on YouTube for the Mean Green Nation (& beyond) to view?  Just asking.🤔

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Including that UNT win over TCU, ADLER,  I can’t  find videos of UNT football wins over other Southwest Conference schools. That includes 2 wins over Texas Tech the last 4(?) times we played the Red Raiders. One of those wins is briefly featured in a video excerpt in a UNT season highlights video that the Mean Green Radio Network guys very professionally produced.

•••Another not-to-be-found video of a Mean Green win over a Big 12 Baylor in Denton, circa 2000.   
•••No video of a Mean Green win at Fouts Field over PAC 12 Oregon State in that very exciting shootout.  

If UNT has film (or video) of some (or most) of those games what does it take to put those on YouTube for the Mean Green Nation (& beyond) to view?  Just asking.🤔

🦅❇️🦅

Yeah it’s hard to find a lot of our past games. I’ve seen all of the OU and Texas games since the 80s, and a few other ones but that’s it.

I would love to watch games like Tech and Baylor and even the final K State game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

From his social media posts, one would assume he went to Alabama... 

Wonder who at UNT has touched base with him?

How’s bout’ one of his shows on campus with a rich & famous UNT alum.

He interviews more than just southern rednecks.🤠 I believe he’s based in LA. 

He had a fun interview with a R & B star whose name escapes me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...