❇️ The Mean Green Village: Where would these be located in the MGV?

PlummMeanGreen

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to ❇️ The Mean Green Village: Where would these be located in the MGV?
4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ve had those in my camera roll for a while now, and was deleting photos and came across those 2.

Hopefully they renovate the softball stadium soon as well.

I think softball will eventually move to where it is located in the rendering posted by @DentonLurkerabove, so renovations to the current stadium will be minimal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I think softball will eventually move to where it is located in the rendering posted by @DentonLurkerabove, so renovations to the current stadium will be minimal.

It seems like Coach Delong doesn’t want the stadium to move locations. We shall see what they do, but it needs renovations bad!

38 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It seems like Coach Delong doesn’t want the stadium to move locations. We shall see what they do, but it needs renovations bad!

Aside from looking "small-time" what is wrong with the current SB stadium?  I really don't know.  Never been to a game there.

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well, I love what Delong has done with the program, but the long-term plan is to move the stadium across Bonnie Brae to the south end of the Eagle Point development.  Just south of the B Lot entrance road adjacent to the Soccer/Track venue.  I don't think he has enough sway to upset the master plan.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It seems like Coach Delong doesn’t want the stadium to move locations.

I'd be curious what his thoughts are about the location?

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Aside from looking "small-time" what is wrong with the current SB stadium?

"small time" is probably too friendly of a phrase for what that facility is. I hate that there aren't real "dug"-outs. It causes bad sightlines for fans. I also think the bleachers don't go far enough down the baselines to make it a true fan-friendly facility. Having concessions and bathrooms as far from the stands as they are there is also not ideal. It really just has a little league vibe all around. Adding batting cages and other team amenities under more substantial stands would also make it a better facility for the program. It just needs a lot of stuff and amenities to make it what it should be, in my opinion. I think starting over is your best bet. I don't even know that you can make what's there work.

Add-on:  I would also add that the lack of a substantial pressbox and chairbacks/luxury-type seating makes it less than ideal too.

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I could be wrong but when UNT first fielded a women's softball team the games were played in an old empty field by Fouts.  When the new softball stadium was finally built we apparently built a bare minimum stadium.  Time for a new stadium for the girls.

I seem to remember them playing in a city park...then we converted the Liberty Christian baseball stadium to the current softball stadium