Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Recommended Posts

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but this game doesn’t really do anything for that legacy in my opinion.

You put hIm behind that depleted KC offensive line and make him run for his life (which he could not have done like Mahomes did) and he doesn’t win this game.  

He is the no-brainer best to do it, but he will get far too much credit for THIS game

  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was official a long time ago.

After calming down a bit, I'm OK with the win. I told myself at the beginning of the season I don't think I would mind seeing Brady win a Super Bowl with the Bucs since they're historically a terrible franchise, but I quickly found myself (again) cursing his name several times over the course of the night. How does he do it?

The whole team looked amazing from start to finish, though. Knocking out Brees and Rodgers to get to this point is amazing, too.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

It was official a long time ago.

After calming down a bit, I'm OK with the win. I told myself at the beginning of the season I don't think I would mind seeing Brady win a Super Bowl with the Bucs since they're historically a terrible franchise, but I quickly found myself (again) cursing his name several times over the course of the night. How does he do it?

The whole team looked amazing from start to finish, though. Knocking out Brees and Rodgers to get to this point is amazing, too.

KC and the zebras gave them plenty of help too.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

KC and the zebras gave them plenty of help too.

 

I was quite pissed at the refs on the Bucs' final TD drive of the first half, but it's not like there were any bad calls or no-calls that halted promising drives when the Chiefs were on offense. Bucs were still the better team tonight.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot I’ve anyone the title of GOAT.  Brady is playing in a different time when QBs are given more protection.  Do you really think he would still be playing with the rules for Johnny U., Len Dawson, Don Meredith, etc.  You can’t hit low ; you can’t high; you can’t hit above the shoulders; you can’t fall on him when you tackle him.  It is not justBrady.  Games evolve.  As a result, you cannot compare across eras.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graddean said:

You cannot I’ve anyone the title of GOAT.  Brady is playing in a different time when QBs are given more protection.  Do you really think he would still be playing with the rules for Johnny U., Len Dawson, Don Meredith, etc.  You can’t hit low ; you can’t high; you can’t hit above the shoulders; you can’t fall on him when you tackle him.  It is not justBrady.  Games evolve.  As a result, you cannot compare across eras.

That is probably fair. It gets closer to 7 on 7 rules for the quarterback every year. I don’t recall Brady facing one of these but could be wrong. 

If he did, yellow handkerchiefs would fly and someone would be sitting out the rest of the game waiting on a fine and possible suspension.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

That is probably fair. It gets closer to 7 on 7 rules for the quarterback every year. I don’t recall Brady facing one of these but could be wrong. 

If he did, yellow handkerchiefs would fly and someone would be sitting out the rest of the game waiting on a fine and possible suspension.

Feel like that would not be a flag today either. Hit him in the back, that is still open season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Graddean said:

Games evolve.  As a result, you cannot compare across eras.

But Brady’s played in a couple of different eras.  That’s got to count for something.😛😄

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, meangreenacct said:

Feel like that would not be a flag today either. Hit him in the back, that is still open season.

Led with the helmet/face mask and launched toward the head and neck area. He also landed on him with his full body weight. No way that isn’t a penalty today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.