Rangers trade Andrus after 12 seasons

Hard to determine what this front office is doing other than dismantling the team, wasting money building an unneeded new stadium and going cheap.  I have been a Rangers' fan all my life, but they are quickly making me lose interest.

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hard to determine what this front office is doing other than dismantling the team, wasting money building an unneeded new stadium and going cheap.  I have been a Rangers' fan all my life, but they are quickly making me lose interest.

Didn't Houston do the same a few years back? 

I was reading that one player said there are only a couple of teams that are still trying to win.   The others just field a team and collect the check.   Arlington got sucker punched by the Rangers owners.  If they were serious about winning Daniels would have been gone a long time ago.  I was a long time Ranger fan but when they are eliminated from the playoffs in the first week of the season who cares anymore.  Wish UNT had a baseball team so I could go to some games.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

The Rangers are a joke.  How they still have fans now is beyond belief.

Seems like all 3 major sports teams in the Dallas area count on fans shelling out their money regardless of the crap show on the field. JJ and the Cowboys have grown to one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world and have been a joke. But hey, if people keep buying you items you can sit back and take it to the bank and laugh. Cuban has ruined the Mavs and now the Rangers are one of the worst in baseball.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

The Rangers are a joke.  How they still have fans now is beyond belief.

Sad.  Those playoff years are some of my best sports memories.  I haven’t watched them now for at least three years.  I’d like to, but I just can’t make a connection.

• Upvote 4

On 2/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Didn't Houston do the same a few years back? 

The difference is they loaded up on good prospects that ended up being the anchor for their recent success....not sure what the Rangers are doing here. We traded a bad contract for another bad contract. Maybe the prospects we got will pan out. Who knows. And not only is Elvis the last player from our WS run....he's the last from the trade that made John Daniels the supposed "brilliant" GM. He never was able to recreate that Texeira trade....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

On 2/9/2021 at 9:49 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Cuban has ruined the Mavs... 

Can we say that?

The Mavs have 2 superstars 25 years old and under...one being a 21 year old MVP candidate. And one of the best coaches in the league. Seems the Mavs are for sure going to be a serious contender the next several years no?

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Can we say that?

The Mavs have 2 superstars 25 years old and under...one being a 21 year old MVP candidate. And one of the best coaches in the league. Seems the Mavs are for sure going to be a serious contender the next several years no?

I hope so. Luka is great and I appreciate Atlanta 😈. Porzingis can hopefully stay healthy.

It seems in today's NBA you have to be able to get big name stars to want to join your team. Lately, when they talk about available players your almost never hear the Mav interested. 

50 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The difference is they loaded up on good prospects that ended up being the anchor for their recent success....not sure what the Rangers are doing here. We traded a bad contract for another bad contract. Maybe the prospects we got will pan out. Who knows. And not only is Elvis the last player from our WS run....he's the last from the trade that made John Daniels the supposed "brilliant" GM. He never was able to recreate that Texeira trade....

Agreed. We don't even trade players for prospects or make big splashes anymore. It's trade one player to rent another Tommy John player hoping to get some production for cheap out of them. We used to have the best farm system in the league. Now, we have barely 1 prospect in the top 100 rated by the league. Every other news story we get is how the Rangers are constantly shopping their best players like Gallo for money. They have become unwatchable and arguably the worst team in the league. It's embarrassing. Jon Daniels is like Rick Carlisle for the Mavs. Getting credit and running on something he did 10+ years ago, but literally doing nothing since then. 

The difference is the Astros lost 85+ games for 6 straight years, including 3 100-loss years in a row (w a 90+). THAT’S how you tank. Got a talent infusion and some cheating along the way.... WS. Only half of that is repeatable, but you’ve got to be REAL bad for a long while. And it’s harder to do now that most teams are just fine being bad.

The Rangers are just always on the wrong side of how to do things.