Louisiana Tech (2/6/21)

CMJ

27 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I don't think anyone can claim we're much better after the series the last couple of seasons.  The biggest spread was 5 points - and that was only because of free throws at the end.  And we didn't win that game.

4 straight games that came down to the last full possession. As evenly matched as two teams can be.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just checking in and seeing the box score.  Our overall point output across the roster looks somewhat similar to last night, but LT's two big scorers - Lofton and Crawford - had vastly different games.

Without the benefit of seeing the game, it looks like we just figured out how to contain those two...and that's the difference between a W and an L.

• Upvote 1

I got frustrated watching the officials play the game today.   They called bad fouls both ways and had both teams in foul trouble.  I came to watch a basketball game and not a free throw shooting contest.   The refs should not play a big role in a game.   They were calling any ticky tacky fouls they could (well one was worse than the others).  Let the boys play basketball or go back to the YMCA and call games.   I don't understand how LA TECH fans got such good tickets to the game.......I guess we aren't enforcing seating assignments.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I got frustrated watching the officials play the game today.   They called bad fouls both ways and had both teams in foul trouble.  I came to watch a basketball game and not a free throw shooting contest.   The refs should not play a big role in a game.   They were calling any ticky tacky fouls they could (well one was worse than the others).  Let the boys play basketball or go back to the YMCA and call games.   I don't understand how LA TECH fans got such good tickets to the game.......I guess we aren't enforcing seating assignments.  

Funny you should say that because last I emailed the athletic department and the person in charge of ticketing/seating told me they were and have been all year. After about 3 replies insisting they aren’t and haven’t got many years I suppose he gave up. He said fans can just go find a AD rep and they would take care of it... clearly  they didn’t today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

15 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I hate to see refs insert themselves too, but I’ll take us in a free throw contest against LT any day

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

So if I were y’all, I wouldn’t act like this is the end of the world.

we split the best team in the west in my opinion, and played 2 games within 18 hours. La Tech has a furious defense that could compete with anyone and played really well at WKU. That too. La Tech split in BG, and winning there is so difficult.

Everyone looked tired, and it’s not easy playing back to back extremely physical games.

Reese and Bell seem to be stepping up a lot, and the bench is arguably the best in the conference. Rubo, Abou, Lewis, JJ are the key to this team. Hopefully Javion and Drez can find their groove soon because Western will be even harder.

Let’s take care of USM! GMG