Spring Game

Uncle

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Correct. He won’t be joining our roster until the summer.

Dang that sucks..must have missed that when he first committed.  I think he will be the most talented QB on our roster but given his shorter practice time and the fact that Seth has already shown a lot of preference towards Aune it seems like it will be tough for him to take the job before the season starts.  Kind of get the feeling we will have another year with a cloudy QB situation, but hopefully someone takes the job and holds onto it all year.

• RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

Dang that sucks..must have missed that when he first committed.  I think he will be the most talented QB on our roster but given his shorter practice time and the fact that Seth has already shown a lot of preference towards Aune it seems like it will be tough for him to take the job before the season starts.  Kind of get the feeling we will have another year with a cloudy QB situation, but hopefully someone takes the job and holds onto it all year.

Well, Mason Fine arrived in the fall and was the starter about half way through the season.  So, not to worry......too much.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

I believe in one of the interviews he had he mentioned he would be keeping in contact via Zoom and getting caught up on what was happening. No it doesn't replace being here in the spring but he won't be starting from zero

• Upvote 1

Are we really trying to compare the greatest QB in school history coming in and beating out a guy that Seth had basically zero connection to, to this?  That was Seth's first year, he wanted to put his mark on the team and going along with Alex Morris who was a senior vs putting in the first QB he really recruited as a freshman to set up the future is completely different than what's going on now.

We complain all the time that Seth has issues sitting older guys when there are players with more potential behind them.  I personally just don't think Seth is going to bench a guy he's going into his 4th season with, who was the starter for pretty much all of last year after just fall camp.

If Jace comes in and wins the job in just a couple months then I think we have a real star on our hands.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, greenjoe said:

Mason came in late in the first game of the season (southern meth) in relief of Alex Morris and started every game thereafter.

I don’t think any transfer could be worse than Alec Morris in SMU game. He looked clueless as hell

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don’t think any transfer could be worse than Alec Morris in SMU game. He looked clueless as hell

You have to remember in that first game under SL, the ENTIRE offense had never run the spread offense at this level for even one down. Morris didn't run that at Bama. The rest of the team was from the DMac era of run the ball or throw a bubble screen. Fine knew SL's offense better than anyone else on the entire team since he was a true freshman and ran it in Oklahoma.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

You have to remember in that first game under SL, the ENTIRE offense had never run the spread offense at this level for even one down. Morris didn't run that at Bama. The rest of the team was from the DMac era of run the ball or throw a bubble screen. Fine knew SL's offense better than anyone else on the entire team since he was a true freshman and ran it in Oklahoma.

Ok you have a point, but one pass he literally just threw it up in the air for anyone to get. No attempt to throw it out.

To me, it seemed that he didn’t have a great vision of passing because he had some terrible throws. 

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Ok you have a point, but one pass he literally just threw it up in the air for anyone to get. No attempt to throw it out.

To me, it seemed that he didn’t have a great vision of passing because he had some terrible throws. 

I really wish we would have stuck with Morris for my own selfish reasons. Mason might still be here if he had redshirted the first year😈

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1