Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Who had worst Defense last year us or UTSA?


Recommended Posts

On 2/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, Wag Tag said:

With his recruiting, the youth of the team, Ruder and adding Bennett. I think he gets 2 seasons to turn it around.

I can totally see this IF we don’t have a year where we win less than 4 games. If we win 4 or more I think he probably costs too much to buyout two years. But the UNT 17 bought out DMac for a similar figure, so it’s very possible to see them do it again. 

  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I can totally see this IF we don’t have a year where we win less than 4 games. If we win 4 or more I think he probably costs too much to buyout two years. But the UNT 17 bought out DMac for a similar figure, so it’s very possible to see them do it again. 

They 17, is more like the 4 and they didn't buy out coach Mac.  Would love to see that number get up to a real 17!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who had worst Defense last year us or UTSA? Is this a rhetorical question? We were ranked 125 out of 127 FBS teams. There is no question who had the worst defense. It was us by a country mile.

  • Ray 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venson said:

Who had worst Defense last year us or UTSA? Is this a rhetorical question? We were ranked 125 out of 127 FBS teams. There is no question who had the worst defense. It was us by a country mile.

He's asking this question tongue-in-cheek because of how UTSA recruited on the defensive side of the ball, bringing in highly-regarded transfers, which would indicate they think they need immediate help... whereas North Texas has continued plugging away with High School recruits like we just simply need to continue building/reload. 

On defense, NT has only brought in Davis & Wilson from the portal, and Hutchings from JUCO so far, and UTSA has brought in 11 transfer/JUCO guys on defense.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's asking this question tongue-in-cheek because of how UTSA recruited on the defensive side of the ball, bringing in highly-regarded transfers, which would indicate they think they need immediate help... whereas North Texas has continued plugging away with High School recruits like we just simply need to continue building/reload. 

On defense, NT has only brought in Davis & Wilson from the portal, and Hutchings from JUCO so far, and UTSA has brought in 11 transfer/JUCO guys on defense.

Makes sense. I need to be faster when trying to see sarcasm.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's asking this question tongue-in-cheek because of how UTSA recruited on the defensive side of the ball, bringing in highly-regarded transfers, which would indicate they think they need immediate help... whereas North Texas has continued plugging away with High School recruits like we just simply need to continue building/reload. 

On defense, NT has only brought in Davis & Wilson from the portal, and Hutchings from JUCO so far, and UTSA has brought in 11 transfer/JUCO guys on defense.

Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.