Who had worst Defense last year us or UTSA?

TheReal_jayD

On 2/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, Wag Tag said:

With his recruiting, the youth of the team, Ruder and adding Bennett. I think he gets 2 seasons to turn it around.

I can totally see this IF we don’t have a year where we win less than 4 games. If we win 4 or more I think he probably costs too much to buyout two years. But the UNT 17 bought out DMac for a similar figure, so it’s very possible to see them do it again. 

• RV 1

23 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I can totally see this IF we don’t have a year where we win less than 4 games. If we win 4 or more I think he probably costs too much to buyout two years. But the UNT 17 bought out DMac for a similar figure, so it’s very possible to see them do it again. 

They 17, is more like the 4 and they didn't buy out coach Mac.  Would love to see that number get up to a real 17!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

Who had worst Defense last year us or UTSA? Is this a rhetorical question? We were ranked 125 out of 127 FBS teams. There is no question who had the worst defense. It was us by a country mile.

He's asking this question tongue-in-cheek because of how UTSA recruited on the defensive side of the ball, bringing in highly-regarded transfers, which would indicate they think they need immediate help... whereas North Texas has continued plugging away with High School recruits like we just simply need to continue building/reload. 

On defense, NT has only brought in Davis & Wilson from the portal, and Hutchings from JUCO so far, and UTSA has brought in 11 transfer/JUCO guys on defense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's asking this question tongue-in-cheek because of how UTSA recruited on the defensive side of the ball, bringing in highly-regarded transfers, which would indicate they think they need immediate help... whereas North Texas has continued plugging away with High School recruits like we just simply need to continue building/reload. 

On defense, NT has only brought in Davis & Wilson from the portal, and Hutchings from JUCO so far, and UTSA has brought in 11 transfer/JUCO guys on defense.

Makes sense. I need to be faster when trying to see sarcasm.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...