Has there been any interest in Jason Bean ?

greenjoe

1 hour ago, drex said:

So here is my nightmare...Bean goes to LIberty and comes to Denton this season and hangs about 40 on us...it could happen.

Doubtful.
But he could absolutely inform the Liberty coaches all about NT's offensive nuances.  I hope he doesn't get around the defensive guys this semester to learn much about Bennett's system.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Doubtful.
But he could absolutely inform the Liberty coaches all about NT's offensive nuances.  I hope he doesn't get around the defensive guys this semester to learn much about Bennett's system.

If he does commit to Liberty (or any other teams we are scheduled to play) good for him, but he should not be allowed near the facilities or Spring practices

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

If we were on their schedule I would have absolutely no problem

As far as spring practices, I agree with you.  But working out in team facilities, how much real insight is that going to give him into new schemes?  You may as well ban him from fraternizing with former teammates.

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

As far as spring practices, I agree with you.  But working out in team facilities, how much real insight is that going to give him into new schemes?  You may as well ban him from fraternizing with former teammates.

Guess I'm thinking more about being around team meeting and so forth. Look, I am not sure how the transfer discussion went. Maybe it was a smooth split, maybe not. My point is not about the weight room, etc. but any player leaving should have restricted access to areas where meetings or information is available. Once his name went in the portal he should not have full access.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Guess I'm thinking more about being around team meeting and so forth. Look, I am not sure how the transfer discussion went. Maybe it was a smooth split, maybe not. My point is not about the weight room, etc. but any player leaving should have restricted access to areas where meetings or information is available. Once his name went in the portal he should not have full access.

Agreed with all that.

plant fitness has a $10 month with no contract he take advantage of if he needs to work out.   Not playing for the team he should not have access to any facilities at UNT.   He is just a student and can use the same facility the regular students use.  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

"Starting"... I do wish him well and hope it lights it up for KU but this title is disingenuous.  Also to note is that their new HC Emmett Jones went to UNT so we should be happy for him in his new role!

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Just wish the young man well and leave it at that.

I get that is the politically correct thing to say man - but people like you @UNTLifer I know you are a very modest dude but I think you need to step up and support your family in the south side of ig Austin.  I have a whole lot of pull amongst alums and would love to help you!

• Confused 7
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

I get that is the politically correct thing to say man - but people like you @UNTLifer I know you are a very modest dude but I think you need to step up and support your family in the south side of ig Austin.  I have a whole lot of pull amongst alums and would love to help you!

Totally lost me with this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1