Off-season Helmet Talk

UNT 90 Grad

Very very impressive collection.  Your collection would be an asset to the Athletic Department.  I showed my wife.  Even she was impressed.

I think we have gone as far as we can helmet wise.  With the exception of the black helmet, I think all the new designs are as good as any school.  I especially like the helmets with the large wings.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

image.thumb.jpeg.50843742fb45d3ca366603a247214705.jpegI added one more mini to my collection yesterday, bringing my count to 20.  I know, my problem is real.  There are two more designs I’ve seen in the wild that I’d like to get my hands on.  It’s amazing how many designs we’ve had.  

This is so crisp: https://417helmets.com/product/north-texas-mean-green-hayden-fry-tribute-riddell-speed-mini-football-helmet/

9 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

image.thumb.jpeg.50843742fb45d3ca366603a247214705.jpegI added one more mini to my collection yesterday, bringing my count to 20.  I know, my problem is real.  There are two more designs I’ve seen in the wild that I’d like to get my hands on.  It’s amazing how many designs we’ve had.  

Fabulous collection!  Fly Like An Eagle!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wardly said:

Back row, second from the right is one I have been trying to find for years. It was used when Corky Nelson was head coach.

That one is the most special to me because that is from the era when I was attending NTSU/UNT.   It also contains both elements that people generally want to see:

1.  The Eagle 🦅 

2.  The interlocking NT

Impressive collection! I've only got 6 North Texas minis but I'm starting to collect our CUSA West opponents now too. I like to put the match up for the week in front of the TV. Just got the Louisiana Tech red helmet with white stripe today. Hopefully the wife will let me put up a shelf where I can keep up with the division standings.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

22 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Bless you, my child! Just made the purchase .I asked Corky Nelson the story behind this logo, which with the gold ring was different than anything we had done in the past. He told me that a fan had donated the paint[ I didn't ask about the labor] to give FOUTS FIELD a face lift but in return required that Corky allow him to redesign the logo. Some of you younger fans [I will be 78 in April] are clueless about how cash strapped our program historically has been.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Bless you, my child! Just made the purchase .I asked Corky Nelson the story behind this logo, which with the gold ring was different than anything we had done in the past. He told me that a fan had donated the paint[ I didn't ask about the labor] to give FOUTS FIELD a face lift but in return required that Corky allow him to redesign the logo. Some of you younger fans [I will be 78 in April] are clueless about how cash strapped our program historically has been.

Good stuff!  Do note that the facemask will likely have a bar in the middle, lineman style.  It's hard to tell in the picture but I ordered my dad a UH one from his era and realized later.  If that's bothersome, you can always put a different one on there. You might also be able to email Joe to request a QB style. 

13 hours ago, wardly said:

Well duh. Evidently there are 20.

There are two that are missing from my collection that are from after your freshman year.

One is readily available but I just haven’t pulled the trigger.  The non-gloss green with white SOW outlined in black:

image.jpeg.428462bfd04fe24b50367ba95433b30f.jpeg
The other is the once available now ever elusive helmet from 1994:

image.gif.0dd1582072de97a93a4afc9e1dbd5d96.gif

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Just got the flying worm on the white helmet in to add to my collection.

The silver chrome one is signed by Mason, Guyton and Brandon Garner...the script is signed by most of the ‘02 team...the light green one with the “North Texas” in the current font is signed by Lance Dunbar...and the white interlocked NT is signed by Abner Haynes.  I’d like to get Darden’s signature on the current white helmet.  

D46FC387-379D-46EA-840B-8FB94604625A.jpeg

FCA72AD1-A9D8-4BB1-B7AC-5681D0229F01.jpeg

4A10C0EB-C4CE-4A8E-9A53-35C5A026A5B9.jpeg

You're are the Chief of a Police Department?

Edited by UNTLifer