Coach Jim Speaks

Coach Andy Mac

LETS GO COACH!!!! 

Side note: Don’t mean to be negative about our lovely stadium but....The Wing just isn’t good.  Such wasted space and noise.  Wall that thing up and make it loud and imposing PLEASE.  Dollars have plenty of more priorities by now though. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 10

57 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

LETS GO COACH!!!! 

Side note: Don’t mean to be negative about our lovely stadium but....The Wing just isn’t good.  Such wasted space and noise.  Wall that thing up and make it loud and imposing PLEASE.  Dollars have plenty of more priorities by now though. 

Not a fan of the Wing myself, but Apogee accoustics are fine.  Remember in the stadium’s debut game when UH Coach Kevin Sumlin had to take 2 “too noisy” timeouts?  He even commented about it in the papers as I recall.

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

LETS GO COACH!!!! 

So what would you like there? I think it's fine and when it's full, it looks amazing. If we ever get into a bigger and better conference, then the Wing might go.

12 hours ago, tmjerm said:

LETS GO COACH!!!! 

The side note is odd to me.  You think Gush has some pull on stadium design? 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The side note is odd to me.  You think Gush has some pull on stadium design? 

Yes it was odd placement and I had a long day yesterday so forgive me.  I mentioned it because of the image of Apogee in his tweet and my disdain for the Wing just bubbled up.  I had multiple conversations yesterday feeling like I was the only one with a certain position, namely about my not caring for Bill Murray while everyone else on planet earth loves him.  Based on the unpopularity of my post on the Wing I'm adding that particular issue to my pile of isolated opinions as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

The lower part of the Wing is fully functional end zone seating.

The upper area is just 'overflow seating', kind of like the Wrigley Rooftops or the mountain behind the Sun Bowl.

Unused seats at the upper half of the Wing should never be used as an excuse to not add additional functional seating on the student side of the stadium.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I agree, but good luck changing that vernacular.

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am still not sold on it being "a wing."  Always look like a tail to me.

Great point...if they worked in Shake Ya Tailfeather for fans in that part of the stadium to dance in between quarters I'll bet the name might change.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not really.  An Eagle's tail is rounded:

Whereas:
Viva la Wingzone!!

I've always thought of it as a tail. You don't find wings at the end of an eagle, likewise you shouldn't call ENDzone seating a wingzone.

b615712790291cdad6074eab6fe47268.jpg

My brain just can't equate those MASSIVE wings, with their proportion to the body and one on each side of the body, into the idea that our small single endzone seating are both wings.  That makes the entire facility one weird looking eagle.

It will always be a tail to me lol

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I've always thought of it as a tail. You don't find wings at the end of an eagle, likewise you shouldn't call ENDzone seating a wingzone.

b615712790291cdad6074eab6fe47268.jpg

My brain just can't equate those MASSIVE wings, with their proportion to the body and one on each side of the body, into the idea that our small single endzone seating are both wings.  That makes the entire facility one weird looking eagle.

It will always be a tail to me lol

You need to leave now. I hear Cougarqueen is taking applications for friends. 

32 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

It's OK.  We're not a stickler for exactness.  We changed the talon sign from three fingers forward to two fingers.  So far, I haven't seen an eagle with only two front talons.

You're so right.  This is all consistent with an eagle CAW-ing, rather than screeching.

It's all making sense now.  Or rather, perfectly non-sense.

• Upvote 1