Former 4 Star Grad Transfer QB Jace Ruder Commits to North Texas

TheReal_jayD

You have always been a strong proponent of offers in judging talent. His offer sheet is amazing with offers from all over the country. I’m very excited to see a kid this  big that is a dual threat. In CUSA he will be as big as most linebackers and in some cases DE. I’m curious to see what happens with Bowman and Tisdale. Zappe for a lot of fans would of been a great addition. GMG 

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

You watch his high school film? His highlights is him hitting kids in chest and them dropping passes lol. I haven’t seen that many drop passes on a highlight tape since my intramural highlight reel

Yeah I think 3 of his first 4 passes are incompletions. That’s a first from tapes I’ve seen, and they were good passes.

In projecting high school QBs I want to see that completion % hovering around 60 for a high school QB, and the TD/INT ratio hopefully at least close to 3:1. Struggling to hit 50% and being under 2:1 on TD/INT ratio in all of his seasons as a starter is concerning if I’m looking at it from an unbiased standpoint, which I am. You always give a little leeway for having subpar receivers and/or bad coordinators, but his numbers weren’t pretty even accounting for some things working against him.

Doesn't mean he won’t be good or that he will be inaccurate, but those numbers are concerning and it’s important to look at the body of work from a QB and not just the highlights, since every highlight film is going to make it seem like accuracy isn’t an issue. Like I said, take this commitment everyday of the week. Whether it’s a 2-star, 3-star or 4-star, no other offers or a bunch of P5 offers, I try to keep bars like that consistent for all of them, then add context.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

In my opinion, this is a great use of the transfer portal. Thank you, Seth. This is the kind of move many of us on this board have been asking for. We still have slots available in this class. I hope we see more additions of this caliber in the near future. These are the types of moves that will get the fan base excited and eager to buy season tickets. Again, Thank you Littrell!

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

• Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Can you be a grad transfer with 3-4 yrs of eligibility? Need a new definition.

Ryan Finley graduated from Boise State then grad transferred to NC State where he was the starter for 3 seasons. Similar to Ruder he had a couple injuries at Boise that allowed him to be granted a 6th season. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ryan-finley-1.html

• Thanks 2