Big Respect for Siggers

DentonStang

25 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Of the nine incoming transfers headed to SMU, Siggers is the lowest rated and the only to come from a non-P5 school.  That he was able to overcome, get noticed, and get to the next level is a testament to his talent and work ethic.  Thanks to his coaches at UNT for preparing him to move up!

RB_Tre_Siggers_plow_2.gif

Surely this left an impression. Take a seat pony boy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Of the nine incoming transfers headed to SMU, Siggers is the lowest rated and the only to come from a non-P5 school.  That he was able to overcome, get noticed, and get to the next level is a testament to his talent and work ethic.  Thanks to his coaches at UNT for preparing him to move up!

Jesus how boring must your life be to come to GMG on a Saturday afternoon to troll?

Go outside bud it won't hurt ya

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Being objective about Siggers transferring...

Siggers would have been #3 on the depth chart coming into Spring.  And with a stud in Isaiah Johnson pushing for playing time, Siggers could have slipped to #4 by the end of Spring.

Bottom line is that UNT is way deeper at the RB position than SMU... so Siggers transferring for playing time makes a lot of sense for him and SMU. 

I wish Siggers all the best... I hope he competes well and gets playing time at SMU.  He's a great athlete.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

get to the next level is a testament to his talent and work ethic.  Thanks to his coaches at UNT for preparing him to move up!

This right here is why people don't like you on this board. You come here acting like SMU is above us. Get the _ _ _ _ out of here with that he is moving up crap. You fill in the blanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, ForneyGreen said:

Siggers would have been #3 on the depth chart coming into Spring. 

I thought this was thoroughly debunked in another thread, but it's pretty clear (here, and other thread) some people are determined to believe what they want to believe.  GrandGreen pulled his stats at the end of the season and put it side-by-side with Adaway:

On 1/18/2021 at 12:34 AM, GrandGreen said:

I will add some stats, Siggers and NT's last two games; Siggers had missed with injury nearly all of 3 games before that.

Against UTEP

Adaway 97 yds 3.7 ypc

Siggers 120 yds 7.1 ypc

Against App. St.

Adaway 67 yds 4.3 ypc

Siggers 96 yds 6.3 ypc

I hope that Adaway and others make NT fans forget Siggers, but Adaway in his freshman year was not better than a healthy Siggers.

Everybody has opinions, but if Siggers was returning to NT; I believe most would consider him the best returning back. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Pony14 said:

This isn’t the level of objectivity you think it is. We have a Freshman All-American returning by the name of Ulysses Bentley. I’m sure most of you remember him as he made your defense look worse than an 8th grade B team. We have last years starter coming back in TJ McDaniel, he’s objectively pretty good in his own right. That sticks Siggers squarely at 3rd. 

If we want to pretend that you can expect anything from true freshmen, then we’ve got two coming in that we’re higher rated than your 81 composite “stud”. 

You can all convince yourselves that Siggers didn’t transfer up, but the truth is he did. He’s on a better team, that faces better opponents in a better conference. 

Hate us all you want, but it’s no stretch to say that our programs are at very different places right now. Still can’t figure out why your coach refuses to upgrade the talent on your roster via the transfer portal. It works wonders when done right. 

Addaway had a higher composite rating in HS than Bentley.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

UH trolls addressing SMU trolls on GMG

Can it get any worse. 

Shoot Me GIF by memecandy

Certainly no disrespect to Rodney King,  but maybe its time to heed his words?😳 

🙄So proceed with the knowledge that at some point CV-19 will not be around forever & we can recover all our faculties or at least most of them. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen