What will the UNT QB Rankings be after the spring?

Tom McKrackin

Who will be the top UNT QB post spring-training?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the top UNT QB be post spring-training?

• Austin Aune
    • Will Kuehne
    • Amani Gilmore
    • Bryce Drummond
    • Kason Martin
    • Jace Ruder

I think it will be Aune, but I’m kind of pulling for Martin.  I get the feeling that he just wins.  This is probably absolutely ridiculous considering I have no tangible reason for thinking so.  Purely a gut feeling*

* another gut feeling I had was that Kody Fulp was going to be a stud for us, so...😬😫

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

I think Aune will start but I'm pulling for Martin because he knows how to win and every time he gets playing time, he either gets a TD or makes something happen. Also really high on Drummond from what I have seen and he has all of the physical tools. Personally, don't expect too much from Gilmore. 

• Upvote 2

GrayEagle posted this below right after Kade Renfro “de-committed” from our favorite school.  I think GE was pretty spot on except I  think Jason Bean abandoned ship too soon & that before an iceberg was even in sight.  Wish him well, but wish he hadn’t left.  

GrayEagle
  •  

I recognize that Kade Renfro is an exceptional talent at quarterback but I'm less worried about that position.  Austin Aune had the highest rating at that position of any of our quarterbacks when he came out of high school.  If he recovers those skills I don't believe that Renfro could topple him. Will Kuehne is near to or equal to Renfro in passing ability.  Ditto for Kason Martin.  Jason Bean hasn't yet exhibited great passing skills but he is our best dual threat quarterback with plenty of potential.

I  believe that we already have very good quarterback candidates; perhaps moreso than any other position

• Upvote 2

I think Littrell, and probably Bloesch, really likes Aune. Littrell sounded really excited about Aune going forward on Brune’s podcast this week. Back before the UTEP game, Barnett asked Littrell in the pre-game show about Bean’s development and Littrell went out of his way to praise Aune as well and talk about how well he had been practicing and how he planned to work Aune into that UTEP game. Then Littrell pulls Bean after that 1st drive fumble and Aune goes on to put up 300 yards and 5 TDs that game. Bean transferring seems to indicate the coaches had chosen to go with Aune for next year as well.

After him it will be interesting to see if Gilmore can rise up the depth chart, even though a few posters on here have indicated the early reports on Gilmore in practice weren’t good. Martin seems like a decent backup and if he has been ahead of Kuehne the past two seasons, hard to imagine that changing. Drummond will be fun to watch, and he might actually be talented enough to compete but hopefully our focus with him will be on developing him first. 

• Upvote 5

I think the job will be Aunes, but I hope all of them get a fair shake. I agree with others. I think Martin is just a winner. He won in High School and every time I see him play things just seem to happen good. Call it luck or call it a fluke, things just seem to happen good when he comes in.

• Upvote 4

On 1/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, NT93 said:

I think it will be Aune, but I’m kind of pulling for Martin.  I get the feeling that he just wins.  This is probably absolutely ridiculous considering I have no tangible reason for thinking so.  Purely a gut feeling*

* another gut feeling I had was that Kody Fulp was going to be a stud for us, so...😬😫

Tim Tebow!