🏈AN ESPN NATIONAL TV GAME...NORTH TEXAS at ULL...Patrick Cobbs...Super Jamario Thomas...Scott Hall...Johnny Quinn & more

PlummMeanGreen

The Mean Green would play in their 4’th New Orleans Bowl in a row weeks after this classic in ULL’s  stadium which they call “the Swamp.”  

🦅 UNT had beaten the CUSA co-champion Cincinnati Bearcats in the 2002 Big Easy classic.  Enjoy! 

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

There was so much to love about Scott Hall.  I remember when he was a freshman playing in Norman, seeing a high level of pocket awareness - plus a little bit of wiggle in his step..  You can see it here at 1'36"30 

I had a summer class with him and we briefly sat next to each other and chatted it up.  He wasn't a man of many words.  I think he and a lot of those Sun Belt title-winners just loved to shut up and hit people.  A love of the game.  A love for their fellow teammates.

RIP Andrew Smith.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🏈AN ESPN NATIONAL TV GAME...NORTH TEXAS at ULL...Patrick Cobbs...Super Jamario Thomas...Scott Hall...Johnny Quinn & more
On 1/29/2021 at 7:22 PM, greenminer said:

There was so much to love about Scott Hall.  I remember when he was a freshman playing in Norman, seeing a high level of pocket awareness - plus a little bit of wiggle in his step..  You can see it here at 1'36"30 

I had a summer class with him and we briefly sat next to each other and chatted it up.  He wasn't a man of many words.  I think he and a lot of those Sun Belt title-winners just loved to shut up and hit people.  A love of the game.  A love for their fellow teammates.

RIP Andrew Smith.

••• I met Scott Hall’s dad at the Big 10  Indiana Hoosiers/UNT football game at Apogee in 2011.  Class act all the way plus—the Mean Green won the darn game.😊

•••SUMG reminded me yesterday that the ULL/UNT game was on a Friday night.

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

••• I met Scott Hall’s dad at the Big 10  Indiana Hoosiers/UNT football game at Apogee in 2011.  Class act all the way plus—the Mean Green won the darn game.😊

•••SUMG reminded me yesterday that the ULL/UNT game was on a Friday night.

🦅❇️🦅

The game didn't finish until after midnight. It was so strange to see dew forming on the unused metal seats,

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is there a full game video of our game @ Colorado when Jamario burst on the scene?  All I have ever been able to find are highlights.

Same, that’s a game that I missed and would still like to see. I think it was his first career carry He blew past everyone for a TD and supposedly the Buffalo sideline was just flabbergasted.