Zach Orr interviewing for NFL coaching job

UNT18Grad

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

Current DC at NT is a bit older and not likely to stay around for more than a few years i guess. If Orr manages to hold down an NFL LB coaches job for 2-3 years, I think NT should go after him for DC.

I don't know if it's wise for him to do that.    He's one of the top 10 players ever to lace 'em up for the Mean Green.   He should keep his legacy intact on that front and continue to purse NFL coaching aspirations.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

Current DC at NT is a bit older and not likely to stay around for more than a few years i guess. If Orr manages to hold down an NFL LB coaches job for 2-3 years, I think NT should go after him for DC.

I believe Orr likes the NFL and unfortunately I don’t think he dips into the college ranks 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, greenminer said:

what the heck is DUUUVAL?

"Duuuval."

Calling Jacksonville by the county it rests in, Duval, was popularized by rappers in the 1990s, and it has slowly crept its way into game day at EverBank Field. "Duuuval!" became a rallying cry for Jags since beginning in the early '00s.

• Eye Roll 1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

The great Zach Orr & his UNT compadres gave Mean Green fans & an ESPN audience a Halloween to remember during— “The Stand!”

🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️🦅❇️

I had plans to attend this game, but my wife had already made plans for us to go see Ender's Game in theaters that night. It had to be that night (opening night), it absolutely could not be over the weekend for reasons I do not remember. 

Happy ending though. The movie was terrible and I don't miss too many UNT games now 

• Upvote 2

One of my 3 favorite Mean Green moments, ie, “The Stand.”— “The Drive” & the win over the Aggies of NMSU to clinch a bowl game. 

———————-

Yall seen this?  Took place in my home county (Brazoria).  Wonder if Stone Cold would ask her out for a date?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

5 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Man that's awesome, his first coaching job at the age of what, 30? is as a position coach in the NFL? 

He is already an incredible ambassador for this university and if he excels in coaching and rises through the ranks quickly that will only give us more exposure. 

Zach is 28... born in 1992... I hope his career trajectory continues... might end up a head coach in his 30s or something crazy... especially for a defensive coach these days.