DRC: UNT releases 2021 football schedule

Brett Vito

36 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Pour me a little more green kool-aid and I might predict 10-2.  Until then I'm thinking more like 7-5.  I'm thinking the new defensive coaches will coach their asses off this first year.

I’d need a lot of Everclear in that green kool-aid to find 10 wins😁😝

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Have no idea why you got some downvotes for that take.  (Unless it's just a reflexive "Liberty team bad" vote).  I think you're 100% correct.  That's the only team on our schedule that regularly appears on the various "super-early" Top 25 lists out there.  They were 1 point away against NC State from going undefeated.  Personally, we should look forward to the rare possible Top 25 team playing in our stadium.  I guess the question for the board is when was the last time we had a ranked team in our house?  I'm class of '93 and don't recall any that I'm aware of from like 1990 --> forward.  ?

I mean we were supposed to have A&M last year, that’s the only time in memory.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

Three wins as of right now, probably NwSt, UTEP, and FIU. Although FIU is on the road and I think Jones is bringing in transfers to try to save his job. 

Let’s see how the spring shakes out and what transfers we bring in (or lose) in the coming months. If we bring in a couple of P5 defenders, hopefully at DT and CB/S, then things will look a little brighter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

The 3 FBS OOC games are the only ones that "could be" loses. CUSA is wide open IMO. It's not like this is a P5 conference.....worst Division- worst conference in FBS. Seems like every school in this conference has some issues and any school could sort them out and surprise everyone. Perhaps it will be North Texas.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, denton_days said:

I mean we were supposed to have A&M last year, that’s the only time in memory.

Tulsa was 20th when we hosted them at Fouts in 1982. That is the last ranked team at North Texas that I know of.  In 97, we played #22 A&M at Texas Stadium but I think that was billed as a neutral game. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Tulsa was 20th when we hosted them at Fouts in 1982. That is the last ranked team at North Texas that I know of.  In 97, we played #22 A&M at Texas Stadium but I think that was billed as a neutral game. 

It was billed as a NT home game, but it didn't feel like one.

• Upvote 1