DRC: UNT releases 2021 football schedule

Brett Vito

40 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

2021 Mean green Football Schedule.jpeg

Seriously though, I'm gonna cautiously hope for 6-6. Seth hasn't had a six-game losing streak before and although that start looks daunting, I'm gonna hold my breath that we find two wins in those six games from 9/11-10/23. Then maybe 3-for-5 at the end and Northwestern State. Of course we also have to lose the bowl game though, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Seriously though, I'm gonna cautiously hope for 6-6. Seth hasn't had a six-game losing streak before and although that start looks daunting, I'm gonna hold my breath that we find two wins in those six games from 9/11-10/23. Then maybe 3-for-5 at the end and Northwestern State. Of course we also have to lose the bowl game though, lol.

6 - 8 would be a great season with that schedule. The C-USA West division games are must wins, as is the game vs. NW State and at FIU. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

At first glance looks tough. Also have to keep perspective that CUSA has been awful and our recruiting has been ranked ahead of all of our conference mates except FAU, who isn’t on the schedule. Have to start winning more than just the easy games on the schedule.

Great analysis @BillySee58

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

SMU is the toughest out of the first 5. Could see coming out 3-2 with an improved D. GMG

They are replacing Buechele so it is a toss up that early in the season. Outside of Missouri, it is a crap shoot at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2FA480A6-2ACD-4F02-BB54-BD9030FF8B13.jpeg.daf1f56713252ce0a74a411e1161d138.jpeg   
••• A 7 win season••• Forget the last 2 seasons because our opponents & some fans won’t recognize this defense under Phil Bennett with “fast” young talent.

........................Our 7 Wins........................
(1) Northwestern St., (2) UAB, (3) Marshall, (4) Rice, (5) USM (6) UTEP (7) UTSA 

🦅❇️🦅Three 2021 Toss Up Games:                    La Tech, FIU & SMU (Stangs QB is still inexperienced at the first of the season no matter how many 247 stars he has at the HS level)

••• Games at Apogee with an improved defense & loud home crowds are tough for CUSA opponents. 
••• Even 6 wins will get us a bowl game.

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Could Liberty be the best team on that schedule?

Absolutely. I know many on here dislike Liberty, but if you want to act like they do not have a good team or that Hugh Freeze is not a very good coach go ahead. I was really hoping that he would take another job.

SMU will be tough. Sonny Dykes has got that program rolling. He has done a great job getting transfers to come in and they seem to be working out well. Replacing Buechele will be key but at least on paper they seems to be reloading. The new DC hire will be interesting.

I don't know enough about Missouri. Hopefully we catch them off guard. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Could Liberty be the best team on that schedule?

Have no idea why you got some downvotes for that take.  (Unless it's just a reflexive "Liberty team bad" vote).  I think you're 100% correct.  That's the only team on our schedule that regularly appears on the various "super-early" Top 25 lists out there.  They were 1 point away against NC State from going undefeated.  Personally, we should look forward to the rare possible Top 25 team playing in our stadium.  I guess the question for the board is when was the last time we had a ranked team in our house?  I'm class of '93 and don't recall any that I'm aware of from like 1990 --> forward.  ?

• Upvote 4