Former OC Update

UNTLifer

Bodie Reeder has been hired by Auburn.  I wish him well.

https://247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Tigers-Bodie-Reeder-offensive-analyst-coaching-hire-Bryan-Harsin-159900226/

First-year Auburn coach Bryan Harsin continues to assemble an impressive staff during his first month on the job. Harsin has reportedly hired former Utah State offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Bodie Reeder to assist as an offensive analyst next season, AL.com's Matt Zenitz reports.

Reeder, a former quarterback at Eastern Illinois, was the mastermind behind Eastern Washington's record-setting offense in 2018 and later called plays at North Texas. Reeder is already working on the Plains, per AL.com.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Withers940 said:

What am I missing here? How did this happen?

I dont think you are missing anything.  He is going to Auburn as an analyst.  Which basically means that his offensive mind is good, but they dont want him coaching or calling plays.  

Basically they are willing to pay him to analyze tape and give feedback during the week, but not trusted to do any on the field coaching.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I dont think you are missing anything.  He is going to Auburn as an analyst.  Which basically means that his offensive mind is good, but they dont want him coaching or calling plays.  

Basically they are willing to pay him to analyze tape and give feedback during the week, but not trusted to do any on the field coaching.

Not sure I would say analysts are not trusted at SEC schools. Sakkisian was one, Butch Jones was one. What the schools with the money have done is find a way of adding coaches. Alabama has 12. LSU has 10.  Hell, even UTSA has a couple now. They split responsibilities up and allow the on field coaches to lighten their off-field loads. 

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/10/01/alabama-analysts/

Pretty lame some of the comments I’ve seen on this board since he left.  Obviously things didn’t go well here or USU and he’s got some growing to do as we all do in our careers.  I don’t get the hate and pleasure taken in his failures. Best of luck to him at Auburn.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Not sure I would say analysts are not trusted at SEC schools. Sakkisian was one, Butch Jones was one. What the schools with the money have done is find a way of adding coaches. Alabama has 12. LSU has 10.  Hell, even UTSA has a couple now. They split responsibilities up and allow the on field coaches to lighten their off-field loads. 

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/10/01/alabama-analysts/

Even we have two! 

@97and03Quality Control and Analyst are different. QC are "coaches" and allowed different responsibilities. Found this explanation. Also gave an example now where UTSA is up to 6

QC and Analysts mostly watch film, break it down, lol for tendencies, stuff like that. They do specific tasks for the OC during the week and then sit in the box during games and look for things like defensive formations, players, etc.

OC does everything. Watch film, create gameplans, plan practices, work with position coaches on what their players need to do for each weeks gameplan, evaluate throughout the week, asses and edit the game plan at the beginning of the week and polish it by the end, call plays and a ton of other small tasks (including recruiting).

image.png.3abf120bdc9c32470082548e256962a5.png

• Upvote 2