What does Bennett have to work with?

TheReal_jayD

DISCLAIMER

This is not my predicted depth chart.

I repeat the is not a depth chart prediction

Just a preview and visual of what is currently on the roster as of today. I used Bennett's 4-2-5 D as a template.

https://www.houseofsparky.com/2017/1/16/14288156/asu-football-analyzing-phil-bennetts-defensive-scheme

I am interested to see how Bennett uses some player in the new Defense. Does KD Davis and Kevin Wood get moved to a strong safety roll. Gaddie go forward as a Safety or CB. Do Murphy's keep hand on the ground or move to a rush OLB role? Alot of stuff to watch.. Also how many transfer do they land?

Depth Chart.JPG

Depth Chart D.pdf

• Upvote 6

If SL/PB can find another JUCO for the Feb. signing date or (the right) portal transfer who could start on the DL then we have a MG defense that can create more 3 & out stops for Littrell’s offense to take over some CUSA games.  Then things become very interesting for the balance of the 2021 season.  

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'm an idiot when it comes to these things, so help me out: why is this not called 3-2-6?

I always thought the first number was referring to the DLs, 2nd number was LBs, and the third was the DBs.  PB claims a 4-2-5, but this illustration only portrays 3 DLs.

I imagine this has something with how these "spacebackers" lineup and position themselves, but would love some clarity/

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm an idiot when it comes to these things, so help me out: why is this not called 3-2-6?

I always thought the first number was referring to the DLs, 2nd number was LBs, and the third was the DBs.  PB claims a 4-2-5, but this illustration only portrays 3 DLs.

I imagine this has something with how these "spacebackers" lineup and position themselves, but would love some clarity/

Someone else posted this alignment chart but that’s not what I’ve seen looking back at Baylor games. I think it will be more of a 4-2-5.

91376316-35F0-4C45-A817-374D475D6846.jpeg

0B5FCBB7-CB45-4B50-B789-21F972444B19.jpeg

8CC4DCA6-6159-438A-8D51-2DA54278ADD8.jpeg

31ACC75E-E48C-40FB-8721-796CA774C70C.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

DISCLAIMER

This is not my predicted depth chart.

I repeat the is not a depth chart prediction

Just a preview and visual of what is currently on the roster as of today. I used Bennett's 4-2-5 D as a template.

https://www.houseofsparky.com/2017/1/16/14288156/asu-football-analyzing-phil-bennetts-defensive-scheme

I am interested to see how Bennett uses some player in the new Defense. Does KD Davis and Kevin Wood get moved to a strong safety roll. Gaddie go forward as a Safety or CB. Do Murphy's keep hand on the ground or move to a rush OLB role? Alot of stuff to watch.. Also how many transfer do they land?

Depth Chart.JPG

Depth Chart D.pdf 65.88 kB · 7 downloads

crystal ball cmt GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Someone else posted this alignment chart but that’s not what I’ve seen looking back at Baylor games. I think it will be more of a 4-2-5.

91376316-35F0-4C45-A817-374D475D6846.jpeg

0B5FCBB7-CB45-4B50-B789-21F972444B19.jpeg

8CC4DCA6-6159-438A-8D51-2DA54278ADD8.jpeg

31ACC75E-E48C-40FB-8721-796CA774C70C.jpeg

I was strictly going of the diagram in the article. But everything I have heard is our base will have 4 down lineman. I feel like that is how we are best suited anyways. he is how I I think it will look.

4 Man Front.JPG

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm assuming Loronzo Thompson goes back to offense? Thought he did a pretty good job at corner.

He is back to being listed as a receiver for the 2021 roster but that’s going to be interesting to follow. As a receiver he’s probably our 3rd outside receiver behind Simpson and Shorter (who is out for spring), and at CB we have more people but he was starting by the end of the year. Will be really interesting to see how Bennett evaluates everyone and who he wants at what position.

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

The source article labels it 4-man front, then shows only 3 DL.  Any idea what they're thinking?

**EDIT: whoops nevermind

Screen_Shot_2017_01_16_at_2.08.02_PM.png

Edited by greenminer

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I was strictly going of the diagram in the article. But everything I have heard is our base will have 4 down lineman. I feel like that is how we are best suited anyways. he is how I I think it will look.

4 Man Front.JPG

Yeah someone posted that alignment previously and I saw where it came from. I didn’t see that alignment, even against 4 wide. 

The 2021 MG defense doesn’t have a chance.  What Coach PB doesn’t inspire, GMG posters will “will” this “D’s” ultimate success.  A team effort for all concerned (which is all of us).  
•••2021  Spring football will be all us Monday Morning Defense Coordinator’s dream. 

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen