DRC (updated with story): Roster update (who's staying, who's gone)

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (updated with story): Roster update (who's staying, who's gone)

Do you mean to tell me we used a 2021 scholarship (we only get 25) on a guy that played for 1/2 of the blowout bowl game... and that's all?    What a colossal waste.   I was excited that Farrell was going to start next season on one side.

Now, Williams...  I don't understand.   He isn't in the portal.  Did he just quit football altogether?   Or is he going JUCO?    His twitter handle isn't valid anymore.   He was in a position to play alot next year as well, especially if Farrell is gone.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Do you mean to tell me we used a 2021 scholarship (we only get 25) on a guy that played for 1/2 of the blowout bowl game... and that's all?    What a colossal waste.   I was excited that Farrell was going to start next season on one side.

Now, Williams...  I don't understand.   He isn't in the portal.  Did he just quit football altogether?   Or is he going JUCO?    His twitter handle isn't valid anymore.   He was in a position to play alot next year as well, especially if Farrell is gone.

Wonder what is happening? Looks like both of their twitter accounts either closed or locked?

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Novil?

Per Vito's article, it looks like we ARE getting Novil back.  Sweet!

Torrey, Novil and Davis are among the UNT players who elected to take advantage of that opportunity. Torrey led UNT with 656 rushing yards and six touchdowns in nine games last fall. Novil posted eight tackles for loss and was UNT's lone first-team All-Conference USA selection. 

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Per Vito's article, it looks like we ARE getting Novil back.  Sweet!

Torrey, Novil and Davis are among the UNT players who elected to take advantage of that opportunity. Torrey led UNT with 656 rushing yards and six touchdowns in nine games last fall. Novil posted eight tackles for loss and was UNT's lone first-team All-Conference USA selection. 

100 "Parks And Recreation" GIFs To Celebrate The Show's 100th Episode |  Parks and recreation, Ron swanson, Parks n rec

• Upvote 3

I am wondering if PB and Seth sat down with Mr. Novil and said "we can make you a better NFL prospect"? I think he could have a monster year if you can scheme it where he is not double/triple teamed constantly. He probably also heard from pro evaluators and was able to get a good list of the areas he can work on thanks to this "unique" year.  

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Williams was the highest recruit of that year, but at least according to the roster never got big enough to play in the ol and there was never any mention of him being moved to te or the dl were he had the size to play. 

Farroll has either been contacting by another team, or decided he is just not good enough to beat out his competition at NT. 

I wish both the players well, but don't think they are significant loses for NT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Williams was the highest recruit of that year, but at least according to the roster never got big enough to play in the ol and there was never any mention of him being moved to te or the dl were he had the size to play. 

Farroll has either been contacting by another team, or decided he is just not good enough to beat out his competition at NT. 

I wish both the players well, but don't think they are significant loses for NT. 

Ferrell started the bowl game as soon as he was eligible so I think he was definitely good enough.  Thats a big loss in my eyes

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

4 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Ferrell started the bowl game as soon as he was eligible so I think he was definitely good enough.  Thats a big loss in my eyes

Yeah, exactly. They bumped Carroll out of the starting lineup, moved Gray from LG to RG, and moved Cole Brown from LT to LG all to insert Farrell in as the starting LT. The coaches clearly thought highly of him and had plans to have him on the field.

Not to mention because Farrell played in the bowl game he has now exhausted his sit-out free transfer. If he goes to another D1 school he would have to sit out a season so I don’t think voluntarily transferring is in his best interest at this point. 

Edited by BillySee58